chapter 58

Snowfall

Foster wasn't too arrive back home until tomorrow, so I had the remainder of the day to myself

I popped into my room to find it completely the same as I left, with the exception of a single stack of clothes my mother presumably left me.

I dropped my trunk at the base of my bed and flopped down onto it. The cold bed spread blanketed my exposed arms and legs and I rubbed myself against it.

The warm daylight rushed through my skin as I felt total and utter bliss. Invincible, like nothing could ever hurt me. It was such a refreshing feeling because I was always in some sort of fear now a days.

I hated being on edge, it was killing me. Every corner I turned I feared a death eater may just kill me, Rosier and Goyle may just back me into a corner or worse of all, someone I love may be killed.

Even the mere thought made my skin prickle in goose bumps. I never truly lost someone I loved. My grandma died but I was to young to understand and Fleamont obviously didn't die, my efforts care about him did but, that wasn't something even worth grieving.

"Hey kiddo." Steve says as he peered around the corner of my door. I sat up quietly as I gave him a smile.

"Hey Steve." Steve never pressured me to call him dad. He understood that he wasn't my biological dad and that mine was still kind of in my life, so he never wanted to try and step into the role if he didn't want me too. But Steve was more my dad than Fleamont ever was.

He sat himself down on the edge of my bed as I scooted away from him, to give it the illusion I was giving him more space.

"What's up?" I ask him.

"Oh nothing." He says waving his hand dismissively.

"You sure?" I ask prying into him.

"Ok so," he says turning his body to me, I couldn't help but giggle at him, "I have absolutely no clue on what to get your mother for Christmas, any ideas?" I rubbed my chin in thought.

"What about jewelry?"

"I get her jewelry all the time, I need to find something new and innovative." He says brightly. His eyes were so thoughtful and actually caring, he truly loved her.

"What about you do an act of some sort?" I suggest with a shrug.

"Like what?" He asks curiously.

"I don't know," I say giving out an exasperated sigh, "A vacation maybe?" I suggest with a shrug. He rubs his chin as if he may actually be considering the idea.

"That's not a half bad idea." He says with a knowing smile.

"Where would you even go though?" I ask him.