chapter 29

You got mail

"Vera, you have some mail for you

"Vera, you have some mail for you."

"What?" And suddenly, a pile of envelopes fall onto me.

"Get up soon, your mom made breakfast." He says with a smile.

I start to shuffle through the pile of letters to find, the one. I pick up a dark brown envelope with a dark brown wax seal and rip it open.

Dear Vera,

Hi, wow it's already been 3 weeks since I've seen you. It's been boring at home, mum gardens while dad just goes to work or reads the paper. Have you seen the articles about the so called 'Dark Lord?' load of bull if you ask me. Sirius wrote me saying his parents are in support, figures. So if you aren't busy, I can come to visit you early in July. Owl me back and we can figure something out.
Love,
Rem

I instantly spring up from my bed, not without hitting my head on my ceiling. I dizzily stumble over to my desk and sit myself to write him back.

I missed Remus a lot. He was one of my only friends who could visit. Nico and Olivia always went to Italy for the whole summer to visit their family, so they couldn't see me and Lily couldn't leave the country.

I grabbed a muggle pen and paper and instantly wrote him back.

Dear Remus,
Yea It's been a while. I haven't been looking at the paper that much, it just makes me scared reading it so I try to avoid it as much as possible. Mum and Steve have been working with the Magical Congress here so, they're usually not home. I get bored being alone so please come soon. Does Tuesday work? I'm not doing anything so whenever. If you do decide, there's a portkey in London that leads to a forest right by my house, it's a new one.
Love,
V

I quickly shove the letter in a envelope and head to the kitchen. I did have other letter from other people, but those can wait.

I make my way down the stairs to find Steve, My mom and Foster all eating breakfast.

"Where's Elton?" I ask. I always let my owl float around the house, so he had more freedom.

"He's getting the post, he'll be back soon." My mom says before kissing my head.

"Remus might come down on Tuesday." I add holding up the letter. Foster drops his fork and starts choking on his pancakes.

"You ok bud?" Steve asks him patting his back. Foster was being weird, weirder than usual.

"Dandy, just went down the wrong pipe. Remus you said?" He asks wiping his face. I stare at him confused.