chapter 65

Platforms and tarot cards

It was time to go back to Hogwarts

It was just James, Sirius and I at the Potter mansion now and we were all patiently, some more than others, waiting for Euphemia and Fleamont.

"Can she talk any longer?" James cries.

"I technically can leave now if I wanted too." I was supposed to arrive a few minutes before them anyways, leaving now would just mean I would waste less time.

"Me too Prongs." Sirius remarks as he playfully bumps my shoulder.

Things, mainly my side, have been awkward around Sirius as of lately.

Flash back...

Sirius woke up about 10 minutes ago and just happened to stumble down to the kitchen to possibly find breakfast but instead, found Vera listening to music through the headphones he had gifted her.

He couldn't help but smile as she danced stupidly around the counter, unaware of his lurking presences.

She danced wildly as he wondered what she may be listening too; he decided to investigate.

"What'cha listening too?" He calls. His resounding voice scared the dancing girl as she flew back in her spot to be met with his smiling face.

"Nothing, kitchen is all yours." She says before darting off up the stairs to Gods know where. It was unlike her to be so timid and scared, it made him even curiouser.

"Please don't leave me, I don't want to be alone for what seems like an eternity!" He cries, he was so dramatic.

"I have to leave before anyone anyways, may as well go now." I say before quickly stroking his cheek. I felt more attached and affection to him now, it was less awkward than before but my heart still ached when I saw him with his family.

I stand up as I drag my trunk as best as I can over to the door. I decided it was best to take the knight bus, even though it was day it still ran even though it was called the knight bus which I found particularly odd, but I had to wait for it to catch it.

"Let me help you." Sirius offers as he pulls the other side up by the latch and effortlessly drags it.

"Thanks. Magic would make this so much easier." I hated being underage and not being able to use magic yet. The ministry definitely needs to change that.

"I know. I feel like it would just make us more lazy though."

"You would totally love that." I remark. He laughed as he titled his head back quickly, revealing his adam's apple.

Holy shi-

Everything felt so easy with him in that moment. I felt frozen in it and to be honest, if I could stay stuck in that small bubble of time I would be ok with it.