Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 47

Jennie's POV

It's been 2 days since they put Mike behind bars. They also gave Tyler his ring back and let him go back home. But Lisa is being too quiet that I keep wondering what Mike told her. I mean, she's always quiet but it's gotten worse.

She was also more busy on work. She already left when I wake up and she barely come home. When I call her, she will tell me she's finishing something. Just like today. It feels too lonely to sleep in her room, so I just sleep with Rosie sometimes.

"Are you ok?" Rosé asked as she lied down beside me.

"Yeah. Just thinking," I answered, laying my head on her chest. Both of us know that was a lie. I don't feel okay. My mind is in turmoil.

"Stop stressing yourself. Maybe she's just really busy," She reminded me. I modded my head, closing my eyes to sleep. I still have an ultrasound appointment tomorrow. I don't know if Lisa is coming, but I hope she is.

The next day, I awoke with Rosé calling me. I opened one eye and lied on my back to stretch.

"Come on, up up. We can't be late on your appointment," She helped me up and led me to Lisa's room. "I'm going to let you rest before taking a bath, ok?"

She left me there and I took one of Lisa's hoodie from her dresser and a trouser before going to the bathroom. I took a warm bath and looked at my bump that looks big because of my small frame and petite body. Is this why Lisa was avoiding me? Because I look fat and unattractive?

I sighed and went back to taking a bath. Once done, I put my undies and put the hoodie and trousers on before going down.

"Good morning, P'Jennie," The twin greeted me at the dining table.

"Good morning," I smiled at them and sat to eat. After eating, I took a rest for 5 minutes.

"We're going now, Mrs. Manoban, Maeve, Naeve," I waved at them before following Rosé to the car. Mr. Manoban is going with us because we can't reach Lisa. Mr. Manoban already tried to call the company but they just said she's busy at the moment.

On the way to the hospital, I tried calling Lisa again, but it's going straight to voicemail.

"Come on ladies. I'm just gonna wait you here," Mr. Manoban spoke up. I hopped off with Rosé's help and walked to Dr. Milburn's office with the hood over my head.

"Good morning, Jennie. How are you feeling dear?" Dr Milburn asks as I sat on the bed.

"Good Dr. Milburn. Um, can I go to the restoom first?" She nodded her head and started preparing the equipments.

I went into the restroom and dialed Lisa again. When it went to the voicemail, I sighed.

"Hi, Lisa. Look, it's my ultrasound appointment today. If you happen to be free and can still make it, I'm at Dr. Milburn's office. But if you can't, don't worry about it. I know you're busy," I walked back to Dr. Milburn's office and saw how Rosie looked at me, but I ignored it and laid down. I hate that pitiful gaze.

"Shall we start?" I nodded. Dr. Milburn started spreading the gel and repeated the same process as we did on my first ultrasound.

Dr. Milburn gasped that made me look at the screen.

"What is it Dr.?" I asked.

"You're having a twin! The first fetus that we saw hid the other one. Looks like the first fetus is a boy, protecting his twin," She explained.

I looked at the screen as tears started streaming down my face. I'm having a twin. I can't believe it. I wish Lisa is here to see this. Maybe this will make her happy.

"Oh my god, Jen! I'm going to be an aunt of twin," Rosé exclaimed, squeezing my hand.

"Wait here, I'm going to make a copy."

Rosie helped me wipe the gel from my stomach before helping my sit down. Dr. Milburn handed me an envelope and we bid our goodbye.

I walked to Mr. Manoban's car with my hood on again and sat at the back.

"How was it? Is my grandchild being healthy?" He asked as he drove.

"Yes. Your grand-"

"I think it will be good if we will just talk about it at the house, Mr. Manoban." I cut Rosie off. I don't know how Marco Manoban reacts with this kind of information and I don't want to be involved in a car accident.

When we arrived, Mrs. Manoban is waiting for us at the front door.

"How did it go? Is my grandchild healthy?" She asked cheerfully.

"Yes. Your grandchildren are healthy Mrs. Manoban," I smiled at them.

"Great let's- Wait, did you just say grandchildren?" She gasped when I nodded. Mr. Manoban smiled widely as he heard it.

I handed them the ultrasound picture and I saw a tear forming on Mrs Manoban's eyes.

After that I went back to Lisa's room and checked if she replied to any of my messages. I saw none. Not one of my messages were answered. Not even a single emoticon.

I guess she's still busy.

The whole day I did nothing but eat and check my phone for any replies and repeat. It's now evening and I'm waiting for Lisa to come back. I stayed sitted at the uncomfortable stool, looking out of her window, wondering when will she come back.

When I saw a car stopping at the front door, my heart stopped. It's not Lisa's car. It's nothing like Lisa's car. Then a woman went down from the driver's seat and opened the passenger seat. There came out Lisa.

I ran downstairs to get Lisa because she looks drunk and as I opened the front door, they were snogging. I stood there, on freeze. Then I recognized the girl. Mocha girl that made me so uncomfortable when I met her at the restroom from one of Rosé's classmate's birthday. What is she to Lisa? Why does she keep appearing?

"Lisa!" I called out. They pulled away from the kiss and the girl looked at me with a wide smile. I approached them and pulled Lisa by her arms. Before I can even walk, the girl held my hand.

"You look so familiar," She told me. I hummed and held Lisa more tight for her not to fall. "Oh! Restroom girl! Didn't know you're related to Lisa."

"Yeah," I plastered a smile, wanting nothing more than to just fet rid of her.

"Can I-"

"No." I instantly said, not even knowing what she has to say. I don't want to hear it. "Look, Lisa needs to sleep, so she can't entertain you and I don't even want to entertain you. So, maybe you could come back when she's not drunk."

I dragged Lisa to the living room as fast as I can and let her sit on the couch first because my back hurts. I went to the kitchen to get her a glass of water and came back for her to drink it. She drank it in one go and put the glass on the coffee table.

I lead her to her room again, struggling because she's too heavy, but atleast we arrived, after almost falling down the stairs. Now my back really hurts. I laid her down and went to get fresh clothes before changing her her beer soaked clothes.

Once done, I went down again. I went straight to the kitchen and took a glass of water. It feels like something is squeezing my heart and it's making it hard to breath. How many more times do I need to bear with this?

I held my bump and started caressing it as tears started to form in my eyes.

I hate this.

Chapter end