Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 59 Part 2

Jennie's POV

I woke up in a hospital bed, confused as to why I was surrounded by my sister, cousin and friends. They were scattered in the room, looking a mix of somber and happy. But my fiance wasn't one of those people.

The memories started to flood my mind. I was in Lisa's office, waiting for her to finish editing pictures. A lady came in. Alisha. I ran away. I went to the empty house. I tripped on my way down. Blood. There was blood. It was coming out of me.

Wait, my babies!

"Jennie, you're awake," Jisoo unnie gasped dramatically. I looked down and stared at my stomach. It was big. But it wasn't as big before. And it doesn't feel like I'm carrying anything.

"Where are my twins?" I asked, looking around the room. My kids were not in the room. I started to panic and tried to stand up. "Where did they take my twins?"

"Jennie calm down," Irene said, trying to keep my hand away from each other to avoid taking off the IV.

"What do you mean calm down? Where are my twins?" I yelled. I needed to see my children. I couldn't calm down without knowing if they're safe.

"Calm down. They're safe," Jisoo assured. I furrowed my eyebrows at her, not feeling a little bit assured.

"Where are they?"

"They need to be kept in incubators for a month or so until they gain weight," She explained.

"Where are they? I want to see them," I told them, sitting up.

"You can't," Unnie stopped me. I want to see my children. Why are they stopping me?

"I want to see them," I insisted, already tearing up at the thought of not seeing my children. I should have been the first one to see them. To hold them.

"You still can't. Lisa and Seulgi are talking to Dr. Milburn if there are complications with you," Rosie spoke out, sitting beside me. She caressed my back, probably trying to calm me down.

"I don't care. I just want to see them. I want to see my babies," I cried out. The door opened but I didn't look at it because I just want to see my children.

"Jennie! Love, you're awake!" Lisa came rushing beside Rosie. She took a hold of my other hand and caressed it. When I looked at her, I notice that her eyes are puffy and she has a red, runny nose.

"Where are they?" I asked her, in hope that she would take me to my children.

"You want to see them?" She asked as she wiped my tears. I nodded, thankful that she could understand what I meant. "Come on. Let's see them."

She helped me stand up, taking the IV drip with her. She led me to NICU where two nurse are checking the children. My core still hurts but I really want to see my babies.

"Good afternoon Ms. Manoban, Ms. Kim," The nurse offered a smile at us. "Please follow me so you can change."

Lisa needed to put on all surgical attires while I just wore a hair net and face mask.

Then we went inside, leading to our twins whose incubators were just beside each other. I felt my heart melting as soon as I saw the little creature. They were so small. As small as kittens. And their eyes. Their eyes looks... unexisting?

"She's so small," I muttered, looking at my princess. I feel like crying just seeing her sleeping there, so small.

"Are we allowed to touch them?" I asked, holding the incubator.