and the stars said, "it'll all be over soon"

Note: Hellooooo to my favorite people ❤️ Thanks for being so incredible. I appreciate all of you reading, voting, commenting, and just existing.

I wanted to mention that I've been cross-posting this story on AO3 for a couple weeks now. My username over there is ughineedcoffee. I don't know if any of you use AO3 or anything. I'm revising some chapters before I post them over there, though, so if anyone is interested and knows how to use AO3, totally check it out. I am updating the chapters I revise here as well, but you won't have to hunt down which ones have been edited over there like you would here.

Anywho... back to the story. This chapter was requested by the ever-awesome SydneyHodder who wanted to see Anna, Lucifer, and Crowley working together. This is set in season 11 when Lucifer is possessing Cas and everyone's trying to take down the darkness. I based it somewhat around episode 11.22, so beware of spoilers, and know that any dialogue that looks familiar isn't my work but is from the show. I don't like completely recycling stuff from the show, so I tried to edit most of it at least a little bit and add some completely original scenes, and I kept the whole story at the bunker, but obviously there is still quite a bit of overlap with what happened/was said in the episode. There's not a ton of Crowley in it, but I hope this is still what you wanted!

Everyone got a cup of coffee (or tea, I don't judge) and a nice comfy sweater? Cool cool. Sounds like you're ready. Anna is seventeen.

and the stars said, "it'll all be over soon"

It started like most Saturdays, but it wasn't like most Saturdays.

Anna held her piping hot cup of coffee close to her face and blew gently on it as she walked down the hallway. She was wearing her oversized Fall Out Boy hoodie, black skinny jeans, and her purple OSIRIS sneakers, and she had her sleeves pulled up over her hands. It was almost like a signature for her when she wanted to feel safe, though most of the specific elements were subconscious. The hoodie was comfortable, the sleeves over her hands a way of hiding, the jeans were casual but not lounge-y, and the sneakers inside meant she didn't feel totally at-home. Not to mention, the whole look was a kind of a front. It seemed to say Warning: Teenager. Anna was aware of how it looked, especially to the two people here who knew her well enough to see it. She'd been aware as she pulled on her clothes this morning that it was a very specific look, even if she didn't fully realize what each item would say to those around her.

"You don't need to be here for this," Sam told her for the one millionth time as he walked down the hallway just behind her, both of them headed away from the kitchen and toward the hallway where their bedrooms were. "There's nothing wrong with spending a few days with Jody while we figure things out. And you know we're always gonna protect you, but with everyone here..."

"It doesn't feel safe?" Anna challenged, finally rounding on Sam. "I get it," she said more gently. "The Devil's throwing a tantrum in your bedroom. And it's freaky. And it's freakier for you after everything. I feel awful that you have to be anywhere near him after all the crap he's put you through. But I'm not leaving, Sam. You're the one who shouldn't be near this."

"And if getting you out of here is what would make this easier for me?"

"Sammy, the Devil may be throwing a tantrum in your room, but God is vibin' in the library. I know it probably doesn't help considering..."

"Don't," Sam requested, shaking his head. "This isn't about me. This is about the world. If there weren't higher stakes, we'd have never gone to Lucifer in the first place, and he certainly wouldn't be sitting in my- in my room right now."

Anna saw how the words seemed to shake him. She couldn't begin to understand everything that had to be going through his mind. He didn't look like he'd slept last night, and there was something in his eyes that said his mind was a bit scattered. More than that, though, he just looked like he felt sick. Anna wondered why Dean hadn't shoved Sam into his or Anna's room-- since Sam's was occupied-- and told him to stay there until the Devil was ready to talk business and nothing else. All the screwing around was making their brother look faint, and Anna couldn't imagine what was happening on the inside.