Too Young To Be So Wise

Note: Hey my lovelies <3 guess who's awake at 3am again

Thank you so so much to everyone who's commented and voted! Y'all are so amazing and sweet and funny, and you make my day every time.

This chapter was requested by @_rose_y7 and I won't tell you what exactly the request was as it would give away the story. But she had an incredible, intense idea, and she's a sweetheart.

You do need to know one thing, though:

TW: Sexual Assault

Please remember to put yourself first. Don't read this if it will be harmful to you <3  as always with trigger warnings, let me know if you'd like a chapter summary

In this chapter, Anna is twelve.

Too Young To Be So Wise

Another day, another motel room. In this one, the carpets were a dark shade of purple that clashed with a light green floor and darker green walls. But it was Spring, and the world beyond this room was beautiful today, the wind blowing gently and singing against the outside of the building. Sunlight filtered in through the motel windowpanes and made Anna long for the outside world.

"Can I be done now?" she requested, setting her laptop beside her on the bed.

"Did you finish what you're behind on?" Dean asked without looking up from the newspaper he was reading.

Anna deflated. She wasn't even close. "No."

"Then there's your answer."

"Come on," Anna whined. "Please? It's boring."

"You should've kept up with it, Rugrat, and you wouldn't have this problem. Do the work, I'm serious. And no more whining."

Anna pursed her lips and wrinkled her nose. Her life was the most unfair. She was sure of it. "Fine," she said, but she made sure to be clear that she wasn't happy about it.

"Hey, so, get this," Sam broke in. He had that look on his face that said he'd been deeply caught up in research. He probably hadn't even registered Anna and Dean's conversation. "Two guys are dead in this town. Strangled to death. But one guy died in his home, the other in a porter potty."

"A porter potty?" Dean repeated with disbelief that quickly became sympathy. "Imagine having that obituary."

Sam just bobbed his eyebrows in agreement.

"Couldn't be me," Anna murmured. She got a side eye for that remark, because she was supposed to be doing her super lame homework.

"What do you think?" Sam asked. "Wanna check it out?"

"How far?" was all Dean asked.

"Couple hours."

"Let's hit it. Anna, you can thank Sammy for your freedom."

Anna lunged off the bed she was sitting on and bowed down dramatically in front of Sam's chair. "I owe you my life," she told him and then stood up and gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. She pulled back and squealed with joy. She couldn't wait to get outside and then get in the car and then go away from this stupid, ugly room and go work a case. Talk about awesome.

()()()

Talk about lame.

She'd basically just been promoted from motel bed to backseat of the Impala. Anna was still stuck doing nothing while the boys got to work the case. She sat and stared out the window at the pretty blue house the boys had disappeared into. It was the third place they'd been to– one of which having been the gas station where a poor bastard was murdered in a porter potty– and even after they'd taken almost an hour in the first house, they still hadn't agreed to let Anna come inside for this one.