Anon Asked "Am I Ace?"

Note: Hey, my lovelies 💜 Thanks for being a bunch of the sweetest people on the planet last week (and every week). You're all super awesome, and I hope you know that.

Um... so... something crazy happened...

This story just reached 100k reads and over 1500 comments and over 2200 votes. Which is... mind blowing. Thank you so much to everyone who's been so supportive of this story and of me. I appreciate you so much. It feels somehow like forever and no time at all have passed since I was thirteen, posting Beautiful for shits and giggles, waiting anxiously for my first vote or comment. Thanks for reading, for voting, and for commenting, my loves <3

This week's chapter was something a few people asked about. It picks up from the end of "The Following Question Is Going to Be About Sex" and fills in the gaps between that and "You're Better Off Looking Alone."

I want to dedicate this chapter to @voidpottah. All will be okay, love, I promise. I hope this helps distract you and make you feel better, if only for half an hour.

Anna is seventeen.

Anon Asked "Am I Ace?"

"Hey, Ian," Anna said softly, feeling his hand slip into hers as he stepped up beside her.

"Hey," he said and kissed the side of her face.

Anna shied away a little bit. Usually she didn't mind the little kisses and touches. But she felt guilty, like she was lying to him every time he touched her. Not to mention she was feeling keenly aware of how different their wants were in this relationship.

"Wanna make out?" Ian asked, nodding toward the side of the school building and tugging on her hand.

"Uh, my brother's already here," Anna said apologetically. "Can I... can I talk to you about something later?" she requested. Her hands were beginning to feel sweaty, and it made her feel self-conscious about where her palm touched Ian's. She squeezed his hand instead of pulling away. It wasn't his fault she felt like crap today. It was her own problem, and she shouldn't deny him closeness because of her own issues.

"Sure," Ian said. "I'll text you after practice."

Anna nodded, looking at the ground beneath their feet as they walked.

"Did you decide if you wanna... you know..."

"Um... I'm still... I'm thinking," Anna replied, blushing at the reminder. "But..." The guilt was back full force. Why was she like this? Why was she always putting other people out because of her own problems. "We could... we could make out if you want. Just, you know, not where my brother can see."

Ian grinned. "If you insist," he quipped. He tugged on her hand until they were in the shade of the school building.

They weren't in view of the parking lot, but there were plenty of students and a couple parents and teachers around– just enough people to make Anna feel uncomfortable. But that wasn't Ian's problem, she reminded herself. She tried to focus on the sensation of his lips against the skin of her face, and she kissed back. Feel it, she reprimanded herself. You like this. You have to like this.

"God, you're so hot," Ian murmured into her mouth. His breath was stale and warm. His lips were touching hers so slightly that it made the hair on her arms stand on end. But she didn't like it. She felt cornered, and her chest felt tight.

"Ian..." she breathed. But he misinterpreted her fear as lust. His mouth moved to her neck, and Anna gasped at the strange feeling. "Hey-" she started to say, but was surprised when another voice broke in.