The Eye of the Storm

Note: Hey hey hey to my favorite people.... School's finally outtttt!!!

So, I spent most of the week writing term papers and taking exams, but it's officially over. I start working full time this week, but I should still have more free time than I have all semester, which means hopefully I'll be able to write some of your longer requests.

This week is for writingmina, who asked ages ago to see more Cas. I meant to add him in more regularly. I really did. But it's harder than I thought it would be, so I figured I'd just write a Cas chapter. Hope you like it!

Sorry to everyone who's been waiting forever for a request. I promise they're all coming :)

In this one, Anna is sixteen.

The Eye of the Storm

Anna tried to roll over, hit something, and rolled back onto her side. Kate, she realized belatedly. They didn't have any rooms with two beds at the bunker, and whenever Kate stayed the night, she and Anna usually stayed up so late hanging out that they just crashed in the same bed. Glancing back over her shoulder to make sure she hadn't woken Kate up, Anna eased herself up and out of bed.

Usually it took her much longer to drag herself to her feet in the morning, but she was about a month past her sixteenth birthday, and things were going okay. She and Dean were both back on their feet after that bad hunt a few days before she turned sixteen, and the boys had been home for nearly a week, which just always made her feel better than she did when they were gone. All in all, she felt okay this morning. That, and a cup of coffee sounded like heaven to her.

Snatching her phone off the nightstand, Anna strolled out of her bedroom and down the hallway. It was only seven, and she'd crashed around three this morning, so she felt a bit like a zombie as she entered the kitchen... which was probably why she didn't recognize the third voice besides her brothers' before she turned the corner.

"Morning, Rugrat," she heard, and her hair was ruffled.

"Hey, Ladybug."

She offered a tired smile and nod to Sam. Then her eyes grazed over Castiel's face before they landed on the coffee pot, and it made her heart leap a little. There was some relief, some excitement, but she kept it all on the inside and only gave him a little smile. "Hey, Cas," she said and poured herself a cup of coffee. She hopped up to sit on the counter before actually picking up her cup. "Where you been?"

"Um-" She watched as Cas looked at Dean and Sam cautiously. Was he measuring his answer? What could they possibly be wanting to hide from her? She knew about the mark, and she'd been implicated when Dean went black-eyed, so it couldn't be about that. "Nowhere," was the answer Cas settled on, looking like he thought he'd told a convincing lie. He gave a short little nod, looking at Anna.

She just shook her head and took a sip of strong coffee. She couldn't do this at frickin' seven a.m. before she'd even gotten halfway through her first cup of coffee. If Cas didn't want her to know where he'd been, she could deal with that. She'd been excluded from bigger secrets, she was sure. She probably didn't even have any clue just how much crap had been hidden from her over the years. She would likely never know.

"Are you staying?" she asked.

"I'm not sure," Cas said, appearing distracted... or concerned. It was hard to tell with him sometimes.

"Course he's staying," Dean interrupted, sitting down beside Sam at the table. "Think Kate'll freak out if she knows he's an angel?"

Anna shrugged. "I doubt it. She kinda takes this shit in strid-"