I Hate Soup

Note: hey, my lovelies <3 it's almost 3am, and my leg is bleeding bc i shaved in the dark, and i have such a strong craving for fruity pebbles, and i'm wicked depressed. but i'm alive! and i hope you weren't too worried at my absence last week.

this chapter inspired by my little brother, who hates soup, which is super weird. 

i'm mostly kidding-- this chapter was written for a request by a total sweetheart, @welgej9007, who wanted to see some Anna and Cas content.

however, my brother's second biggest flaw IS that he hates soup. i did not make that up, unfortunately.

anyway, chaos aside, anna is fourteen.

I Hate Soup

Anna let her heavy head rest against the cold metal of her locker while sneakers scuffed along the dusty floor beside her.

Somebody's toe hit her ankle, and there was a stumble, a curse, and an insult.

Anna glared heatedly after the kid who'd tripped over her. But the moment was over as quickly as it had begun, and she could no longer remember the face of the perpetrator.

She rolled her head to the side and watched from knee-height as the rest of the morning crowd darted toward classrooms at varying paces.

Someone's keys jingled noisily close to Anna's ear, and she had to wince at the effect it had on her headache.

She slipped her phone out of her pocket.

Sam, or Dean?

She weighed her options.

Who would be more likely to give her the green light to come home?

Probably Dean. Sam would think she was faking sick to get out of the hell that was public school.

Anna scrolled up and down the information in Dean's contact on her phone. She felt a little guilty. Her brother had only just dropped her off half an hour ago. She'd had a headache and felt nauseous then, too, and she hadn't bothered to say anything.

But she wanted to go home.

Then again, she couldn't be sure if maybe she was taking a weak excuse to get out of school. She did hate this place with a burning passion.

"Hi!"

The perky voice made Anna want to shove her fingers down her throat. She squinted up at the friendly face above her. She didn't actually recognize the girl, with her strawberry blonde braids and soccer ball eyes.

"Hi."

"I'm Opal."

"Anna."

"I'm running for Class President, and I want to get to know everyone in our class by name. Tell me something about yourself."

Anna's expression darkened. She was out of patience. "I have a headache," she said dryly. "And I find you annoying."

Opal's giant eyes bugged out of her head. "Well, I find you rude," she said huffily. "Vote for me anyway, 'cause..." She trailed off.

Anna couldn't think of a reason to 'Vote Opal' either. She cocked an eyebrow at the girl and waited impatiently for her to walk away. Then her thumb tapped her phone screen a couple times, and she landed on a different contact.

i think you got me sick

Kate took almost a whole minute to reply, which was her slowest response time all day. She was really getting attached to her phone now that she was stuck at home.