Next

Note: Hey, my lovelies <3 Would've had this up for you a couple hours ago but the site crashed- Sorry! 

Anyways imma take a nap. But first! Enjoy this nice, long update that I really hope makes up for the fact that I missed yet another Saturday update last week. I'm sorry to keep doing that. I really am trying

Thank you so much for all the comments and votes <3 You guys/gals/cool kids truly are the greatest!

Anna is seven years old/This is set in season one.

Next

It was cold. The earth was packed hard beneath their small legs, layers of dirt coating their skin. There was very little light to see by. But their eyes had adjusted.

Anna knew her fellow prisoners by the outlines of their faces. She didn't know the colors of their eyes, or the shapes of their noses. She only knew their small voices and their silhouettes.

Kelly was six years old, crushed against Anna's side. Her voice was high and mouse-like. She was smaller than Anna. Their hands fit easily together and stayed there.

There were others.

Two little girls on Kelly's other side.

Two siblings, a boy and a girl on the other end of the cage.

They all shivered. Occasionally somebody would burst into helpless tears.

Anna stared at the metal bars across from her and waited for a hero to appear. She knew Sam and Dean would come. Her family had saved plenty of kids before, after all. They worked fast and smart. They were good at their jobs.

But Anna had never been trapped in a monster's lair before. Not without her brothers.

They couldn't come soon enough.

The ground shook as something approached the bars.

"It's coming," Kelly whispered, her mouth close to Anna's ear. "It's gonna eat us."

Anna blinked as a dim light turned the corner and found them. The monster was huge, just like Sam and Dean had talked about. Its eyes seemed to glow in the darkness as it surged forward and unlocked the gate.

"No, no, no," the little boy beside Kelly whimpered, plastering his hands over his ears.

He'd been here longer than Anna or Kelly. He'd probably seen this more than once now.

The monster lumbered through the open doorway and cast its eyes across each child. Anna shivered with fear when its gaze landed on her for a moment. But she stared right back at it with interest. This was the monster the boys were hunting. It looked like an animal, driven by instinctual fear and hunger. But she didn't feel any pity or compassion for it.

Especially not when it turned on the siblings and released a wild roar.

Anna's fingers dug into Kelly's palm. She didn't say a word. She barely dared to breathe.

"No," the little boy started to wail when the monster took the girl by the arm. "No! Sissy! Sissy!"

Anna's eyes went wide as the boy scrambled after the monster. His sister was screaming wordlessly, the most terrified, primal sound Anna had ever heard. She closed her eyes and wrapped both her arms around Kelly, who was sobbing.

"It's gonna eat us," Kelly hiccupped. "It's gonna eat her."

The metal gate banged shut, and the lock clicked back into place.

"No!" the little boy yelled, his voice raspy and worn thin. "Sissy! Lexie! No!"

Anna swallowed and felt nauseous, listening to another girl scream from her core. "Don't listen," she told Kelly. But she committed every sound to memory as the monster tore Lexie apart outside the cage.