Anna Winchester's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Note: Okay, so all week I've had terrible writer's block. I have a ridiculous number of half-written stories waiting on me right now, and it's hard to bring myself to work on any of them. But I am not missing a week. I refuse. So I wrote this today, and I apologize if there are noticeable mistakes, but I didn't really edit it much. In this chapter Anna is fourteen and a Freshman in high school. Let me know what you think, and I'm not sure if I've said this, but I'm open to requests if anybody has one.

Anna Winchester's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

When she woke up, it was in a pool of blood. Her mind went to the obvious place first, but she then remembered that her period had been last week. She brought a hand to her face and confirmed her second theory. Nosebleed. While she was sleeping. Great.

She spent half an hour showering off blood and soaking sore muscles from the weekend hunt in hot water. She was out of shampoo, so she had to use Sam's, which smelled like every cologne made for men. It was kind of nice, but kind of annoying, and she wasn't in the mood for it, but her hair needed the wash.

Of course, as she was drying her hair, the mistake she'd made became painfully apparent. You cannot wash curly hair with just any shampoo.

The frizz that followed was unbelievable and untamable.

Anna carefully moussed her hair and tried to get it to fall like it normally would, but was unsuccessful.

In the hallway, she tripped tiredly over her own feet and almost face planted into a wall just as Dean rounded the corner in his dead guy robe and slippers. A round of merciless teasing that Anna could have done without started up about her clumsiness and then moved onto her insane hair which was poofing like never before.

In the kitchen, Anna took solace in what had become an essential start to her day. Coffee. Strong and black. She apparently had inherited Dean's taste in that department where Sam usually drank his with cream and sugar. Today, she needed that cup of coffee especially badly, and when she walked over to the little coffee station she was broken-hearted to find that someone had finished the coffee without starting more.

"Hey- Woah. What did you do to your hair?" Sam asked through a barely concealed laugh.

"Don't even talk to me, Judas."

Sam raised his hands in surrender. "Sorry, you just look a little like Napoleon Dynam-"

"I've heard all the references I need to, alright? Dean beat you to it. In other news, you finished the coffee," she accused, holding up the empty pot with a look of ire on her face. It would have been intimidating if it wasn't adorable and hilarious with her crazy hair. "And your shampoo freaking attacked my hair."

"You used my shampoo?"

"Oh, don't worry, I'm never doing it again. I mean look at this. No, I changed my mind; don't look at it."

"It's not that bad, Ladybug," Sam said in a combination of sympathy and amusement. "I'll help you fix it."

"Sorry, kiddos. No time for beauty parlor," Dean teased as he walked into the kitchen, now fully dressed, and held up his phone to show them both the time. "You're gonna be late," he told their sister.

"Got any paper bags?" Anna asked even as she scooped her backpack off the floor by the island and tried in vain with her free hand to smooth her frizzed out hair.

()()()

She wasn't late to her first class, but she was damn close and didn't get to see Kate before school like usual. To make matters worse, her first period math class had a substitute teacher who was a stickler for literally every rule ever created.