Nanaba x Female reader: Nabanana

The story of how the act of true love brought them together and ripped them apart from each other.

Y/n softly knocked on the wooden door and waited, her little heartbeat ringing inside her ear.

The door opened and revealed a very angry looking older male.
He bent down and roughly squeezed her shoulder.

"What do you want kid?"

"I-i was ..... me and my mama recently moved two houses down and i was wondering if maybe your daughter would like to play with me." Y/n smiled showing her missing teeth.

"She is busy right now, maybe another time." The male said as he roughly pushed her and closed the door.

But Y/n was very persistent and she stood in the way of the closing door. Her plump baby face peeking through the door. The man was more than furious at this action but tried to keep as calm as possible.

"Please sir, I'm very lonely." Y/n stated as she looked at the man with puppy dog eyes.

The man sighed and pushed her face out his house and closed the door.
Y/n landed on her butt, she was defeated.

She got up and dusted her dress and made way back home.
But as she was walking in front of the first house she felt like someone was watching her.

When she turned around to look, she saw Nanaba awkwardly standing in front of her home.
Y/n smiled and ran back to her.

"Hi there." Y/n cheerfully said as she stood in front of her new found friend.

"Hi." A 10 year old Nanaba replied not bothering to look at Y/n but instead played with her shaking hands.

Y/n tilted her head and held Nanaba's wrist.

"What's your name?" Y/n asked pulling Nanaba down the street and running with her to a destination only she knew.

"Nanaba!!!" She yelled as they continued running down the street.
Y/n giggled as she was having fun, while Nanaba was confused as to what was happening.

But eventually Y/n stopped and Nanaba stopped with her.

"What are we doing here?" Nanaba asked as they sat on a bench randomly placed in the center of the busiest part in town.

"My name is Y/n L/n and from this day foward i will always be by your side and i vow to protect you at all costs. "

"What are you five?"

"No I'm actually six. See I'm still missing two teeth ." Y/n opened her mouth and showed Nanaba her missing teeth.

"Whatever. What do you like doing anyway miss savior?" Nanaba asked as she swinged her legs.

"I like reading stories. I wanna be a writer like my mama." Y/n proudly declared and held Nanaba's hands.

"I'm gonna join the Survey Corps and be the best Soldier ever to exist." Nanaba proudly said and retreated her hands from Y/n's clutches.

"Survey Corps? Soldier? Mmmmm. Ahha then I'll also join the Soldier Corps and become a Survey.
Like i said I'll always protect you, so wherever you are, I'll be behind you..........."
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
And now 14 years after making a promise, she is going to keep it till the very end.

"Ok so Lynne and Henning have been killed. We are almost out of gas an blades. Ohhhh fuck." Y/n's eyes start tearing up as she watched Nanaba and Gelgar try and fight off the attacking titans.

She looks at the terrified recruits and breathes in one last deep breath.

"You, short guy with no hair, come here." Y/n commands Connie who quickly jumps to her side.
She pulls out something from within her chest and hands it to Connie.

"Give this to Naba, tell her it's incomplete but it says enough. I will go make sure she survives. "

And with that she joined the two in battle.
But as she slices thru the Nape of the Titan she hears an agonizing scream from Nanaba.

"Naba!"

With no second left to waste she swings towards her.

"No! No! Father stop! Father!"

Y/n's blood boils as she slashes both the arms of the titan that was holding Nanaba.
She then catches her and makes way to the castle as her gas is barely there.

"That evil man will never hurt you Naba. I will always be here, no matter what."

Nanaba looked at Y/n wigh eyes filled with tears as she almost lost her.
As the castle neared the gas finally reached it's limits.

Y/n could feel them falling but as a last resort, with all her strength she threw Nanaba on the roof of the castle.

While gravity pulled Y/n down and into the clutches of Titans.
Nanaba screamed in terror as the one consistent good thing in her life was about to get killed.

"Always remember Naba that my heart will hold you,even if my hands cannot." Y/n whispered to herself. She put her one free hand on her mouth and tried to muffle her screamed.

But Nanaba heard the so loud and clear as if she was right next to her.

"The is so much i want to say to you, please don't leave me." Nanaba said as she tried reaching out to her but it was too late, she was gone.

Nanaba dropped to her knees and cried her eyes out.
She held her chest as she could feel her heart being ripped apart, her soul darkening and her mind blurring.

She stayed in that position with her head down and tears falling out her eyes.
She only snapped out of it when Hanji  came up to her.

"Nanaba, they told me everything. Let's go home."

Hanji helped her on her feet and pulled her toward the cart with the other survivors.
She sat down and they finally left.

"Ummm Miss Nanaba, Y/n asked me to give you this to you."

As soon as Nanaba heard Y/n's name she immediately looked at the teen.
He gave her a piece of paper that was folded in half.

"She said she didn't completely it but it has enough."

Nanaba took the letter and hesitantly looked at it, .
She read through it and after She finished she emmidiatly started laughing like a crazy woman.

"What's wrong Nanaba?" Hanji asked

"Nabanana, Nabanana, hahahahaha."

Dear Nabanana

If you're reading this letter I'm probably dead, i just Hope i died protecting you like a true Hero.

Nabanana i never really got the chance to thank you for everything you've done for me. You've been my best friend and my savior too.

I'm such a coward you know. All those days we'd spend walking together, training together, eating together and even sleeping together, not once did i gain the courage to say i loved you.

Yeah it might be

Nanaba smiled at the letter that ended on a cliffhanger but still gave her enough information.

"Until we meet again Y/n.