it's short and a bit sad

"Ohhh remember when Jean got his foot stuck in a pile of horse poop? It was soooo hilarious. "

"I remember Y/n."

"Ahhh when Sasha ate that lady bug and wasn't at all fazed by it. Like ewww."

"You started gagging right after she said that it tasted like meat and i had to take you away."

"When i was young i never liked insects, especially spiders, they are so creepy."

"I remember you told me about so many of your fears. Heyy why don't you go home, it's cold out and it's gonna start raining soon."

"I will just a few more minutes, i promise I'll go."

"Y/n what are you doing here?"

You looked up and it was Captain Levi. His clothes were drenched and that's when you noticed it had started raining.

"It's raining already Captain? We hadn't noticed huh?"

"It's been raining for three days now Y/n." His head dropped and his usually cold eyes started forming tears, tears only he could notice because of the rain.

"Y/n please stop doing this to yourself. I'm sorry ok."

"Captain the is no need to apologize, i should be the one saying sorry." You stood up and you looked at Captain as his head was still looking down.

"I'll be back in a couple of Minutes, i have to say talk to Mikasa for a while." You genuinely smiled and was about to sit back down when Levi held you hand.

"Y/n she's dead. They are all dead. I'm sorry ok, I'm sorry i couldn't protect them, but please stop."

You felt like someone had punched you right in the stomach and you couldn't breathe.
What was he even talking about, Mikasa is right here, right.

You turned to look down at the place she was sitting at a few moments ago and she wasn't there.
You went into full panic mode, not understanding what was going on.

"Where is she? She was here a moment ago. MIKASA!! MIKASA!! DON'T LEAVE YET, i still wanna talk to you."

"Let's go home Y/n."

"Maybe if we look around for her instead of just standing here, we'd find her and go home Captain. "

You started looking around and trying to find her but Levi roughly grabbed you shoulders and stopped you.

"Y/n I'm going crazy as it is, i can't eat, i can't sleep anymore and now i have to keep explaining to you over and over and over again that they died. Sasha, Jean, Conny, Armin, Eren and so many more. Please stop doing this to me and especially yourself. "

You looked at your him as you were both in now tears.
You turned your head and reality hit, you everything came flooding in your head.

How you were in your house cooking and patiently waiting for the day in which your girlfriend would return home.
You hadn't left with the Scouts that day, you had a really bad accident and you broke your leg so Levi demanded you stay.

When a knock disturbed you, only to be greeted by Levi covered in blood that didn't evaporate was when you knew something was wrong.
Since that day you hadn't been yourself and Levi had to go and fetch you from the cemetary about 15 times in the short weeks of their passing.

Levi took you back to your home and made you tea while you went and changed into dry clothes.

"My spirit won't leave unless you truly let me go Y/n." The ghost of the woman you loved said.

"I can't. "

"I also can't continue watching you suffer like this, please."

"The only way i am going to truly let you go is during those few seconds as i pass on from the world of the living to the world of the dead. It may be selfish on my part but let me suffer if it means i get to see you again.I'm sorry but i love you too much to just let you go, not yet atleast. "