053

march 3rd, 2020
2:57 pm

march 3rd, 20202:57 pm

"UGH, DONE." Noelani said as she clicked submit and then shut the laptop.

"Done with what?" Nimari asked, his voice slightly muffled over the FaceTime call.

The house, for once, was empty.

Kai had taken Anela to work.

Kelani, Nalani and Hanale were at their respective schools while Noelani opted for online school instead transferring again.

"Guess who just finally registered to be a college freshman?" Noelani grinned as she adjusted the phone against the salt and pepper shakers on the kitchen table.

"Congrats! University of Hawaii right?" Nimari had a playstation controller in his hands and he was lounged on his bed.

"No, actually. Uh, UCLA accepted me for some reason." Noelani shook her head in disbelief.

The acceptance letter had been forwarded by her father the week prior and Noelani had been too wrapped up in Jalen and Alex drama.

"Are you sure you wanna come back here? After what he said about your dad?" Nimari glanced at his phone screen.

"I really liked L.A when I saw it. If I see him, I see him. I can't be worried about him and his feelings when he's not worried about me and my feelings." Noelani said.

An interrupting phone call from Jordan Pope came onto her screen, making Noelani raise a brow in confusion.

"Uh, let me call you back. Jordan's calling me." Nimari nodded at her words and Noelani hit accept and then pressed the phone to her ear.

"Noel! Thank God, you answered!"

Noelani sighed, "Jordan, what-.

Jordan said something so fast that Noelani couldn't make any words out but the worried tone was clear.

"Jordan, Jordan! Slow down! I can't understand you!"

"Something's wrong with Jalen. You need to get here. It's really bad."

Her heart dropped at his words, "What happened? What's wrong with him? Is he okay?"

"It's too difficult to explain. You need to figure out a way to get back here before it's too late. He's hurt really bad. Like we don't know if he's gonna make it through the week, bad." Jordan said.