039

january 10th, 2020
4:18 pm

AT FIRST, ALL NOELANI COULD DO WAS LAY IN BED

The feeling of heartbreak, grief and betrayal was weighing down her bones and chest cavity, making it almost impossible to move more than a couple of inches.

Her skin was growing pale due to lack of sun, her eyes sunken in and red due to the constant crying and lack of sleep and her phone on do not disturb due to the need of being utterly left alone.

The only movement she was doing was shuffling to the bathroom for hygiene and to the hallway when one of her family members would leave food outside of her door.

Jalen had flew back alone yesterday and Alejandro had extended her return ticket, thankfully understanding that Noelani's head was too muddled to travel on her own.

How did I miss all the signs?

How did I let him lie to me so easily?

Noelani turned over in the twin bed and picked up her phone to stare at the lock screen.

Her iPhone lock screen was a picture taken of her and Jalen, all the way back in Mid November.

Sydney had taken a picture of the two while they were on one of their double dates with her and Jordan.

In the picture, Noelani was lightly holding Jalen's chin while he simply grinned back at the camera.

At once her eyes began to tear up again at the memory of what had been and what could've continued to be.

But their relationship was over now, and Noelani had to accept that sorrowful fact.

She sat up and began to wipe her eyes then pressed her knees to her oversized t-shirt covered chest.

The sound of someone knocking at her bedroom door opening caused Noelani to put down her phone and look over her shoulder to examine the closed door, "I don't want company."

The door creaked open anyway to reveal that it was her uncle Kai, wearing an expression of concern.

"Come on," Kai said as he stepped further into the room, "We wanna take you somewhere."

"Do I have to?" Noelani responded, her voice hoarse due to her lack of speaking, "I don't really wanna go anywhere right now."

"We're not giving you a choice. Get up, comb your hair and wear a wet suit."

Noelani reached a hand out, "Please help me up. My feet are asleep."