032

december 20th, 2019
6:10 pm

"I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THEY DIDN'T WANT TO GO

"I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THEY DIDN'T WANT TO GO." Noelani said in an excited tone as Jalen led her to the elevator in the Marriott the couple was staying in, located in Inglewood.

"Ehh, my parents don't really fuck with L.A. I knew they were gonna back out." Jalen pressed the elevator button for floor number eight.

"I'm so excited! I wanna see the Hollywood sign, the Santa Monica pier, the Walk of Fame, I wanna try In & Out."

"Oh, you tryna be on your tourist shit, huh?" Jalen laughed.

"Yep! If there's time, I wanna try to go to Venice or..." Noelani's words faded out as Jalen grinned at hearing something other than pain in her voice.

"What, kid?" Noelani raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing. It's just good seeing you happy again." Jalen said, earnestly.

Noelani kissed his cheek just as the elevator doors reopened on the floor where their hotel room was located.

"What's the room number again?" Noelani asked, stepping off the elevator and readjusting the duffle bag on her shoulder.

"Uh, 814." Jalen looked at their key cards again to affirm that what he said was right.

"Oh. This way." Noelani pointed to a sign on the beige wall that read 801-820.

The two scanned each room number until Jalen found it, tugging on Noelani's shirt to make her stop.

He slid the key card in until the scanner glowed green then Jalen opened the door to survey the hotel room.

The room had one full sized queen bed and dark gray walls.

There was a full length mirror placed on the short wall next to the bathroom.

The tv was hung up on the wall above the mahogany wooden desk and the curtains were pulled apart, letting in the light from the sunset and revealing the city of Los Angeles a few feet away.

Jalen dropped his duffle bag on the carpeted floor next to the bed while Noelani pressed ahead to the window.

"Don't take your shoes off. I don't wanna stay long." Noelani said.

Jalen groaned, "I just drove almost seven hours. I just need a couple hours to nap."

He took off his shoes and rested on top of the white comforter, letting his head hit the pillow.