008

september 16th, 2019
10:12 pm

THIS HAS TO BE THE MOST AWKWARD CAR RIDE EVER

Coleman was in the passenger side while Noelani was alone in the back, since Nimari had already been dropped off at his home.

Jalen kept one hand on the wheel as he stared at the red light in front of him.

Music from the radio mixed with the lively conversation between the two while Jalen remained quiet, throughly annoyed.

Cockblocking ass, disloyal ass niggas.

The light turned green and Jalen presses the gas.

"Are all games that easy for y'all to win or was that team just ass?" Noelani asked.

"That team was just ass. Plus it was our first home game of the season and we can't lose on our home turf." Jalen replied.

"It's only gonna get harder from here on out." Coleman shrugged.

Jalen turned into Coleman's neighborhood then parked in front of his house, "Aight," Jalen held his hand out.

Coleman dapped him up, "Bye, Noel."

"Bye, Cole!" Coleman closed the passenger side door and Jalen looked at Noelani through the rearview mirror when she didn't move to get in the front, "Uh, I'm not an Uber driver."

Noelani raised an eyebrow but got out of the back seat.

Noelani sat in the passenger side, adjusting the chair to move forward.

Let's see if I can finally get somewhere tonight.

Jalen glanced at her then lowered the volume on  the radio, "So.. Where ya from?"

Noelani peered at him for a couple of seconds but said nothing.

Jalen sighed, "Why won't you let me be nice to you?"

"Because I already know what kinda person you are." Noelani looked out of the window.

"You don't though. You know nothing about me." Jalen responded as he put the car in drive.

"You, like the rest of that school, only know what's put on ESPN," Jalen added bitterly.

Jalen must've let more bitterness in his tone than he intended because when Noelani glanced at him, it wasn't apprehensive like usual.