037

january 5th, 2020
12:47 pm

THE RUSH OF THE WATERFALL BELOW FILLED NOELANI'S EARS AS SHE PEERED OVER THE EDGE OF THE LUSH GREEN COVERED CLIFF

Standing next to her was her fifteen year old cousin, Leilani, both barefooted and both wearing flimsy bikinis.

"I think it's about twenty five. Maybe thirty?" Leilani said, brushing her thick, wavy midnight hair behind her left ear.

"That looks about right. I can't see rocks or anything down there. I think we should be good," Noelani looked behind her to where Jalen who was watching them apprehensively as the two girls examined the height of the waterfall, "Come on."

"I'm not jumping. I told you that this is some crazy ass shit and I'm not doing it." Jalen responded, twirling the drawstring of his swim shorts.

"What's wrong with you dude?" Leilani asked, "It's fine. We do this all the time."

"Yeah, because y'all were born with ocean water in your veins, not blood." Jalen shot back.

Leilani passed Jalen a look before glancing at Noelani, "Okay, whatever pussy. I guess I'm going alone."

Noelani snickered then gave her an apologetic nod then stood back.

"Did she just call me a pussy? Hold up." Jalen started.

The other girl tightened her bikini top before jumping off the cliff, her hair flying up behind her.

Leilani landed with a splash at the bottom of the sea green plunge pool.

She surfaced and put her thumb up causing Noelani to grin and then turn to her boyfriend, "Come on, please. Kelani is seven and she's jumped down a waterfall."

"Was it shorter than this one?" Jalen snarked.

Noelani tucked both of her lips in, "I mean, not much shorter."

Jalen sighed and came closer to regard the waterfall, then glanced at Noelani who quickly gave him a hopeful smile.

Jalen sighed but took Noelani's outstretched hand, "I must love your crazy ass because I wouldn't do this for anyone else."

"Yeah, I love you too kid. It's hella fun. Come on." Noelani pulled him closer to the edge, "Ready?"

"...Yes?" Jalen said in a tentative voice.