004

september 6th, 2019
3:25 pm

THE SWEAT GLISTENED ON JALEN'S FOREHEAD as he leaned on the silver bench positioned on the side of the basketball court

The Prolific Prep AAU basketball team was in the middle of a brutal practice, a reward for winning their away game, the first game of the season.

Jalen patted his white towel over his sweaty chest, watching the rest of his teammates down cups of water or body armor.

Jordan, Frank and Jack were on his left side while Nimari and Coleman were on his right.

"Y'all see that new girl?" Frank asked in an eager tone.

At once, Nimari and Coleman started to snicker.

Oh, here we fucking go.

"Tell him, Jalen." Coleman laughed.

"Relax on me, bruh." Jalen shook his head.

"You air balled like shit." Nimari chuckled.

"I bet it if I really tried, I could get her." Jalen shrugged.

"You already failed." Jack chimed in.

"I didn't fail, you failed. I got interrupted." Jalen patted his chest.

"So what was that at lunch a couple days ago?" Coleman asked, taking a sip of his water bottle.

Jalen rolled his eyes before glancing at Nimari, "Her trying to act all big and bad. If I applied pressure she would fold. In a heartbeat."

"Bet?" Jack asked, his eyebrows raised.

Jalen gave him a curious look, leaning forward a little.

"I bet that you can't get her by the homecoming dance."

Jalen laughed a little, shaking his head, "You weird bruh."

"That's mad childish." Nimari interjected.

"So what I'm hearing is that you can't do it." Jack shot back.

Jalen scrunched his eyebrows and subtly sat up at the challenge.

He thought that the bet was immature like Nimari said but at the same time...