016

october 15th, 2019
6:18 pm

"ARE YOU SURE YOU HEARD HER RIGHT?"

Jalen leaned into the back of the onyx leather couch set in his living room before turning to look at his friend, Deon Stroud.

Jalen and Deon have been friends for years, ever since they met at a Bay Area basketball camp back in 2015.

Jalen considered him one of his closest friends, and at the moment, Jalen would rather turn to no one else.

"Yeah. Maybe telling her that late at night scared her off." Jalen replied, "I've been texting her, calling her, nothing. She won't look at me at school, she canceled our boxing sessions... I don't know man. I kinda miss her ass."

Deon snickered, "Oh, you a simp."

Jalen immediately screwed his face up at Deon's words, "I'm not no fucking simp."

"'I've been texting her, calling her, I kinda miss her ass.'" Deon mocked Jalen, making his face droop in what was supposed to be a sad expression.

"What she look like?" Deon continued.

Jalen opened his phone to Noelani's Instagram page and picked his favorite picture set of her before handing his phone over to Deon, "This her."

"Oh, she's bad. Since she's ghosting you, can I slide?" Deon glanced from the phone then to Jalen.

"Chill." Jalen glanced at Deon as he snatched back his phone.

"I'm just saying. What's her IG name again?"

Jalen sucked his teeth a little before turning to glare at Deon, "I'm about three seconds from kicking you out of my crib. Stop talking about my girl."

A slightly awkward silence kicked in before Jalen realized what he said.

"Yeah, you a simp. It's aight tho." Deon nodded, "These bitches are a dime a-."

"Don't call her a bitch. She's not a bitch." Jalen blurted in a snappy tone.

"I'm not talking about your girl specifically, aight? I'm talking about every girl."

She's not like every girl.

"You know what you should do? You should just pull up to her house." Deon stood, "Ask her straight up if her phone is broken or sumn'."