010

september 23rd, 2019
2:54 pm

september 23rd, 20192:54 pm

"SO I TOLD HIM... OH THERE'S NIMARI AND NOEL." Jordan Pope stopped in his tracks near the side of the crowded hallway at Napa Christian High School.

Jalen turned his head forty five degrees and sure enough, Nimari was standing near Noelani, leaning his side against the beige top locker adjacent to Noelani's open locker.

The duo was conversing about something pleasant, both wearing a giant smile on their faces while she was putting textbooks away on the top shelf.

"He better not be on no cockblocking shit, bruh." Jalen groaned as the two walked closer to  the duo.

"Yo." Jalen spoke up.

Nimari and Noelani turned their heads towards his voice.

Jalen came up behind Noelani and wrapped his arms around her neck, placing his chin on top of her hair.

"What's up, kid? Hey, Jordan." Noelani mused as she flipped through a medieval history textbook then added it to the growing stack of textbooks.

"Sup, Noel?" Jordan responded.

"You need a ride home?" Jalen asked.

"Nah, I drove. Plus I told Nimari I would take him home today," Noelani nodded towards Nimari.

Jalen turned to spot Jack Wetzel further down in the hall and gave him a cocky grin as he wrapped his arm a little tighter around Noelani's upper body.

Jack scowled a little and Jalen let his grin grow a little at the clear irritation on his face.

When Jalen turned back to Nimari and Noelani, he saw that Nimari had caught the exchange, the look of slight disgust on his face.

When Nimari realized that Jalen was looking at him, he rolled his eyes and turned his gaze towards the blue and white sneakers on his feet.

Noelani's phone vibrates in her locker with a text lighting up the screen and she picks it up with a groan, "Ugh, Sydney just texted, she needs a ride too. Let me go find her."

Noelani removed Jalen's arms from around her, closed her locker then took off down the hall and around the corner, the hair gathered in her high ponytail swinging slightly, the smell of her passion fruit and vanilla conditioner wafting slightly in the air and Jordan Pope on her heels.

Nimari started to walk off but Jalen placed his right hand on Nimari's shoulder, forcing the other boy to stop in his tracks.