Chapter 38

(Richard's POV)

Shucks... My Charger Patrol Car is having difficulty catching super speeders, especially those darn street racers! Now, I know that Lockheed has his all-wheel-drive armored Charger Hellcat, but he's in the northern sector of Vale, and I patrol the western sector of the region. Of course, I can ask for a Hellcat unit, but those cars are too expensive. Drat... Well, I have another solution to my problem... Take my Charger Interceptor to Octane's, he'll know what to do! Anyway, I see his up ahead, so I drive up the pavement to see F/N adding some final touches to his C8 Corvette. It used to be Torch-Red, but it's red, white, and blue right now.

Me: *In head* Dayum

Me: *In head* Dayum... That car looks fine AF! *Rolls down window* Hey, Octane!

F/N: *Stops then looks* Yo! Richard! *Approaches me* How ya doin', man?!

Me: I'm doing fine! *Gets out then looks at his C8* I see that you have a body kit on the 'Vette!

F/N: Yeah! But don't let looks deceive you! Because! *Walks to the back then opens the hood* This Patriot has a Twin-Turbo 6.2 L V8 that makes 1,250 horsepower and 1,145 lb-ft of torque. I haven't taken this 'Vette out yet, but I will soon. *Closes the hood* She has air-suspension, Michelin Pilot Sport tires, adaptive steering, and IMSA-rated pads and rotors.

Me: Yo... That's awesome!

F/N: Thanks! *Scratches his head* So, what brings you here with your Charger Interceptor? Having PCM problems again?

Me: No, my Charger is being outrun by street racers... And I need a bit more...

F/N: MOAR POWAH, BABEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me: Hehehe, yeah... That. My measly 5.7 L Hemi V8 cannot keep up with those damn racers...

F/N: I see... Hmmm, I can always put a cam or a supercharger in there, but getting the parts will take days... However...

Me: What?

F/N: Well... I took out the engine of my Red Hellcat because I'm thinking about putting the 426 Hellephant or the Redeye engine. *Gestures* So, I'm thinking that putting that Hellcat engine into your interceptor!

Me: Um, are you sure that's a good idea?

F/N: As long as Chief knows... Does he?

Me: Sort of?

F/N: *Spreads arms* Good enough! *Points to the auxiliary garage* Go ahead and drive your Charger into the garage. *Walks to the building* I'll get everything set up.

Me: Okay!

The SWAT Captain enters the garage to set up the scene, while I get back inside of my car before rolling into the garage. Octane gestures me to a lift, so I slowly roll into position then stop on the floor plate. I turn off the car then step out of the vehicle; Octane pops the hood open and studies the anatomy of the engine bay.