Chapter 19

(F/N's POV)

After that incident with Tai and Summer, we returned to police station to file in the reports. Not only that, the other officers started to search his wrecked car for anything he left, so far there is nothing. Anyway, I'm inside of the break-room with my kid and Diana. I guess you can say it's 'bring your family to work day.' 

Peach: *Leaning on my shoulder* Hmmmm~~. So, how's work?

Me: Heh... Stressful... Arrested Taiyang again...

Peach: Oh? What did he do?

Me: He kidnapped Summer Rose and started a chase under the influence of a controlled substance...

Peach: Ugh... Such a shame... He would've been a great father/teacher, but no... He just wasted it on drugs and crime.

Me: I know...

Unexpectedly, our child crawled towards us, then he started to ball with a bouncy ball...

Sledge: *Petting ball* Ooohhhh... *Smiles* Bababababa!

Peach: Aaawww~.

Me: Hmhmhmhm~. *Kisses her forehead* So Diana, do you have work later on?

Peach: Nah, I already finished my shift, so I'm off right now... What about you?

Me: I am uncertain... With all this crime going in the city... I don't think I can come home...

Peach: Hmm... Alright...

Sledge crawled towards me then raised his tiny arms. I chuckled softly before picking him up and cradling him. My future SAS operator cuddled into my chest and cooed softly, so I caressed his back gently. 

Me: Don't worry little Sledge... Papa is here...

Sledge: Oooohhhhhhh...

Me: Hmhmhmhm.

Unexpectedly, May walked into the room with some papers in her hands.

May: Oh! Hello Diana!

Peach: Hi!

May: *Leans down then pokes Sledge* Hey Sledge... Say hi to Auntie May!

Sledge: *Turns to her* Hhhhhoooooooooo!!! *Boops her cheek* Bababababa!

May: *Smiles* Aaaawwww... *Stands up* So F/N, got some reports here!

Me: Oh? *Passes Sledge to Peach* What does it say?

May: Well, the Vacuo SWAT captain reported that they seized a Human/Faunas trafficking port.  They found women and children chained up on the wall, malnourished and beaten.