Chapter 37

(F/N's POV)

Finally, I can have a week off, so my injuries can heal up. It's nice to be out of work; the policing career can be quite stressful for my mental and physical health. Right now, I'm sitting on the couch of my large farmhouse with my laptop on my... Well... Lap... And a very pregnant Cinder sitting next to me. Peach had to be called off work because she too is pregnant. At least the family is here, and we can enjoy ourselves. Ms. Salem is tending the plant outside in the back. Just as I thought I have time for myself and my family, I realize that I have to do work on the '69 Dodge Charger in my garage. Dang, I am a workaholic, and I need some serious help. I need to destress somehow, but that will have to wait. Anyway, I close my laptop before standing up and walking towards the front door.

Cinder: Honey? Where are you going?

Me: It's obvious, darling~. I need to install that 440 cubic-inch Big Block V8 into that '69 Charger.

Cinder: But you're injured! I don't want you to hurt yourself.

Me: Oh, I'm not doing it alone.

Cinder: Oh? Who's going to help you?

Me: Yang and Blake.

Cinder: Okay, I understand Yang coming in, but Blake? Why Blake?

Me: Yang got her into automotive.

Cinder: I see... Well, good luck, and stay safe!

Me: I will!

Suddenly, my four-year-old son walks up to me with a toy General Lee car.

Sledge: Papa! I want to watch you fix the car!

Me: *Smiles* If you want to, my little son! *Holds his hand* C'mon, buddy!

Peach: *Eats cereal* You better be careful! *Nom* Mmmm... Cinnamon Toast.

Me: Don't worry! We'll be fine!

Peach: You better! *Looks at Salem* Missy! It's your turn to make some sweet potato pie!

Salem: I know! I know! *Enters the house with a vegetable bowl* I'm just grabbing some sweet potatoes!

Peach: Yeah, gal!

I chuckle at the pair, then my son and I walk towards the auxiliary garage. The doors slide open, and we see the unpainted 1969 Dodge Charger on the lift. Next to it are four crates, one with the 440 cubic-inch V8, the manual 6-speed transmission, the four General Lee wheels, and the steel bull bar. The more I look at the unfinished car and my son's toy, I think I shall give this Charger the Dukes of Hazzard treatment. My son Sledge walks towards the small play table that I made for them, then he begins to reenact scenes from The Dukes Of Hazzard. Unexpectedly, I hear a motorcycle rolling up the driveway, so I turn to see Yang and Blake arriving at the scene.

Blake: Oh my Oum, Yang... *Removes her helmet* Don't do that again!

Yang: What? *Removes her helmet* Zooming between four trucks?

Blake: *Nods* Yes!

Yang: Hmhm~. No promises, kitty~.

Blake: *Rolls her eyes* Ugh...

Me: *Tips my baseball cap* Top of the mornin', ladies.

Yang: *Looks at us* Oh! Good morning, F/N! *Looks at Sledge* Hey! Sledge!

Sledge: Huh? *Sees Yang and Blake* Auntie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yang: Auntie?!?!?! *Gets tackles by him* OOF!!!!!! OH MY OUM!!! YOUR SON HAS A LOAD OF TORQUE!!!!!!!