Chapter 9 Uninvited Guest

The walk back to my house was bone chilling it was early evening now but it had started raining shortly after Damian had left me in the meadow. Thank god my house wasn't too far away. I climbed up the steps and inserted my keys in the dead bolt. Hearing the drag and click I let myself inside.

It was dark inside my house and the heater was off and it just made me colder. I walked up the stairs of my two story house and entered my bedroom. I knew something was off as soon as I walked in. My bed was perfectly neat and so was my closet. But the hairs on my neck stood up as soon as I looked at my dresser. The picture. It was gone. The one of my mother. My heart was beating hard. I searched around for it but I couldn't find it anywhere. Something wasn't right. Who would take my picture? It was on the nightstand this morning before I left. I noticed that nothing else was touched not even my bed. This was freaking me out. I was looking in my closet when I heard something made of glass shatter downstairs. I held the urge to scream within me. Footsteps were thumping on the staircase like great big elephants. I skidded to my knees and took out the Switch blade from underneath my bed. They were e-legal but my dad had received it from a fallen soldier that was his best friend Matthew. He gave it to me for protection.

The footsteps were getting closer and closer. With each thud my heart beat a little bit faster, and faster. The footsteps were coming down the hall towards my bedroom. Then they stopped. Right in front of my door. The Knob slowly turned and whoever it was slowly started to step inside. I had had my back to the wall the entire time and as soon as their frame came into view I spun around and sunk the blade into the right side of his chest.

He said a foul word before hitting the floor but I didn't take notice of his face. I leapt over his fallen frame and hurled myself down the stairs, taking them two, or three at a time. Using the banister to my advantage I pulled myself forward with each step. And just as I grasped the knob of the front door, at the bottom of the stairs, giant arms wrapped around my waist pulling me back whilst my feet were still connected to the ground. My hands were still tightly grasped to the knob but I let go of one to use as a weapon.

I didn't know exactly what I was going to do but there was no way I wasn't going down without a fight. So using my elbow as my dad had taught me. I brought it back hard and swift, jabbing it into his lower rib cage. He released me and i bashed in his nose with my elbow as well. While he was disoriented I flung open the front door and dashed outside. I thought I was home free. But then a large hand grabbed my shirt and yanked me back to his chest. I struggled and he put me in a chest lock forcing my arms to each side. "Dove stop!" I froze taking in deep breaths. Oh my god. I shoved him off me and spun around. "Damian!" I shouted "What the hell!" I was so mad at him that I might of punched him, might of. If I hadn't of noticed that he was fine.

"What in the world?" I came up to him and took his chin in my hand. "Dove I'm fine." He said as he started to raise his hand to pull mine from his face. I swatted it away turning his face from side to side again. When he finally pulled my hand away our eyes locked for a few moments. I was very aware that my hand was engulfed in his massive one. It was rough and warm. He didn't say anything as he looked down at our meshed fingers. He looked as frightened as I was. But I pulled away first, slowly hugging my hand to my chest for comfort, his dropped down to his side. I was breathing a little rapidly. "Damian?" "Why are you at my house?" "And second, how did you find it?" He scoffed rubbing the back of his neck making a face. "You do know Samantha that the forest is right down the road right?" I rolled my eyes.

We were inside my room. "Sit down please." I asked. He complied with my request. "Take off your shirt." I asked. "Well that's one way to get me to undress in your room dove." He winked as well as hissing in pain while removing his shirt. It landed to the floor. I got a wet wash cloth and a huge bandaid that we kept in the pantry in the hall. As well as securing the neosporin. Coming back into my room I sat down next to Damian making the bed dip slightly. Damian studied me as I tended to his wound that I had undoubtedly caused. He was very silent as I dabbed the wet cloth across his skin and applied the ointment. I then covered up the wound with the bandaid. When I looked up at him he reminded me of an angel seeing god's kingdom for the first time. Except, that kingdom was me.

"What?" I asked. He was starring at me. He abruptly sat up making me slide back on the bed. He then sat up all the way crossing his legs, I decided to do the same so that we were both facing each other. His hands grabbed my feet and he pulled me towards him. He guided me onto his lap where I wrapped my legs around his waist, and my arms around his neck. He didn't say anything as his arms slipped around my waist. I brought his face closer and closer to mine, until our lips were only inches apart. He froze his muscle's becoming taunt. I looked at him in concern. "What is it Damian?" I asked. His breathing became heavier. "Dove?" He spoke. "Did you invite someone over?" I looked at him in confusion. "Dove?" He spoke a little more harshly. "No why?" I asked. He took in a sharp breath.

"Because someone is here, and their an uninvited guest."