Chapter 8 Him

My eyes burst open and were illuminated by the sun. How long was I in the dream? It was in the middle of the afternoon, I'd been in the dream all morning since seven. I landed on my side when I passed out but now I was on my back. I took a deep breath and lay'd there for a few seconds trying to compose myself. I finally sat up to take a look around. I didn't see anything or anyone. But I had that feeling of being under observation. Standing up I brushed off my jeans and searched again. Nothing.

"Hello?" I shouted. I knew for sure that i was being watched so I was certain someone was there. Was I really going to look for this guy? I walked across the clearing to one of the trees and peered behind it. Nothing was there. "Hello!" I yelled louder. No answer. I heard rustling in the tree behind me and I felt my shoulders tense. My head began to tingle. My heart was beating so fast I could hear it in my ears. I dug my nails into the palm of my hands. As I turned around I looked up into the canopy. Nothing again. I took in a deep breath, I cursed myself on the inside, then I looked down to the base of the tree, and there he was.

My stomach was doing flips, no hurdles. "It's him." I whispered to myself.

We were about ten feet away from each other and I wasn't at liberty to get any closer. From what I could tell being this far away he had short, jet black hair and was maybe a foot taller than me. He wore jeans and a thin blue tee shirt. He had on a pair of black vans on and his eyes were sternly glued to me. There was a newly formed scar on his right arm. I took in a quick intake of breath remembering my dream. I decided getting a few feet closer wouldn't hurt so I moved. Now we were about five feet apart. He let out a little laugh and it rang through the air. "Scared Dove?" He smiled when he said it. I sighed I just met him and I already wanted to kick this boy in the teeth. "No." I said mockingly stretching out the "o". I usually used sarcasm to hide my fear and it was showing through. "I'm only facing the boy who's been bringing me nightmares for the last three days!" I said hysterically. His eyebrows knitted together. His voice got a little louder. "I've just wanted to communicate Samantha."

"Communicate!" "Communicate!" I burst out yelling. "You could of just talked to me like a normal person!" A sly smile crept its way across his face. "Now dove," he said. "We both know that I'm nowhere near normal." His head was down and I couldn't see his eyes. I blinked my eyes. I knew it was true but somehow I just couldn't believe what I was hearing. He inched closer to me and my heart started to beat a little bit faster. My eyes traveled down to his lips. They were cracked just like in my dream. I looked back up at his face he seemed to be smiling at me. "The sun brings out your eyes." He said.

"You seem very interested in eye colors." My voice shook. And a shiver pierced my spine. "Mmm." He hummed as he walked around me. "Or too be more accurate yours." He said. "Why mine." I shot back. "Because there special." "You have the ability to achieve what other people have dreamed of with those eyes and mind of yours." Achieve? What was this lunatic talking about. I was still very close to this boy. I started backing up. "We'll I'm going to leave." I turned around leaving him behind.

"Samantha look." I was awake but I wasn't in the meadow anymore. This time I was at a party. Everyone around me was dancing to music I couldn't hear and they were all smiling. "What the." I was about to say before his voice interjected. "Heck, hell, frick?" He was in front of me. Apparently invading people's mind's means you can also tell what there going to say. "Where are we?" I said as as I shifted my gaze. I watched as girl bumped into some guys back and spilled beer all over him. I winced. Eww. "We're at a club that I was at about a month ago." "I just thought that this would be more your style." He said a smirk tugging at the corner of his lips. My mind traveled back to his other statement about my eyes being like his. "So I can do this?" I said. I could tell that he was waiting for that response. "Yes." He said. The image faded away like it was melting, and he was still behind me. I turned around and faced him. I was surprisingly calm for a person who was just shown an image from someone else's mind. I was zoned out in thought. I could do this to people, I could invade there mind, show them beautiful or horrid things. I wasn't normal, I could do things that humans have dreamed of doing for years. And he isn't normal either I'm just like him, and I'm scared of being so. My head was facing the ground until he called my name. "Samantha?" I looked up. "Are you okay?" He asked. I scoffed. "Define the definition of ok."

"I can do all these horrible and beautiful things and I never knew it?" It was more a question to myself. "I could of brought nightmares to the kids who have bullied me over the years." "I could of also helped people." "I just didn't know it." My head was spinning. I didn't even know what to think."But." He said. I met his face with mine. "There's a question I would like answered." I licked my lips waiting for his question. He shook his head as if clearing it of cobwebs. I breathed deeply. Then he spoke leaving only silence behind him.
"Why didn't you know?"

We talked for another hour before I left the meadow. About places and people even our favorite food. He still scared me but I wasn't as uncomfortable as before. Especially because he did keep his distance from me witch made me feel better. "So tell me how many are there of you, or I mean us out there?" I asked. "How many are special?" He rubbed a hand along his jawline. "There used to be many of our people but I haven't seen anyone in years like me until you." That was an interesting answer. So we weren't alone I tried to ask him more he seemed though that he didn't want to tell me. But before leaving I had to ask him something. So I did. "Hey you seem to know a lot about me but I seem to know little about you." I said. "Seems so dove." He answered running his fingers through his hair. I sighed. "So tell me this." I paused and saw him eagerly waiting for my question. "What's your name?" I said curiously. He let out an almost silent laugh as he ran a hand down his face. Almost as if he was scared to tell me, he looked off in the distance. Standing up he took me with him. He got close and leaned in. Brushing his cracked lips against my ear making my cheeks red, he opened his mouth and said two simple words before disappearing into the woods. The sound of his voice kept going round and round in my head making me dizzy.

"It's Damian."