Chapter 18 Blood And Heartache

I didn't know if I could even do it again but I had to try. Lauren, or my mother as you would call her, drained me. I feel weak and helpless but despite all that I have to try, I have to. I have to fight back, not only for my father and Damian, but for me. This, is not, how my story is going to end.

     If I fight back she'll only get what she was looking for, but it doesn't matter anymore. How do I fight back and penetrate her mind while my mind is already under her control? I did it once to Damian, I can do it again. But I can't remember what I did before. How did I do it? All I remember is being afraid and mad. I remember the feeling of pushing back, like shoving a wall in front of my mind. But not only that, I had to let her in first, for she was only vulnerable when her guard was down. I just had to be strong enough to do it.

    I was heading to the place that we had first met. I remember every second of that night like it was yesterday. The invitation on my doorstep said seven thirty and I just couldn't let myself wallow in the sadness that Samantha's disappearance brought me. The best thing was to carry on until there was news, officer Sparrow said he'd be in touch and that going to this would be good for me, make peace with myself before I had to do it again if they couldn't find anything. For the first time in a long time I was truly fearful.

After what felt like hours of being alone to think the door opened and two men stepped in. They were huge, with black suits that covered everything except for there head and hands. They filed in order down the staircase approaching me quickly. "Get away from me!" I screamed. They unhooked the end of the chains that were bound to the cell walls, that were lacerated onto my wrists and dragged me, as I screeched from the pain, up to a standing position. Blood dripped down my arms as it emanated from my wrists. They hauled on the chains leading me towards the staircase. When I got to the first step I refused to go up and pulled backwards, despite how big they were I put up a struggle. I screamed as I pulled against them. They yanked on the chains and I fell on the staircase face first splitting my lip. They clearly didn't seem to care and dragged me up the staircase cracking my head against step after step. Once we got to the top platform they violently jolted me to a standing position and shoved me through the doorway.

He slammed me against the wall on the other side of the door and I crumpled to the floor for a few seconds before they wrenched me up to my feet again. My sight was blurred for a few minutes but when it cleared my mind began to freak, in front of me two men were dragging Samantha by her arms, blood was dripping down trailing behind her in streams. "What did you do!" I shouted through gritted teeth. "What did you do!" I tried to tear free from there grasp but it didn't even faze them. "I'm gonna kill you! "I'm going to kill all of you!" My screams echoed down the hallway with the biggest death threat I have ever made in my life, and no one even cared.

The hallway was long and I could feel nothing but pain as the blood leaked out of me. I felt us change direction as they lead down another hallway, and then another, and another, after a while I lost track how many times we had turned right and left. We came up to a large wooden door and stopped. They just stood there. "Aren't you going to go in, ya dumb shits?" The man on my right cracked me across the face making my mouth gush even more blood. I spit it out purposely onto there shoes. The man then hit me again in the jaw this time and I could feel a bruise immediately begin to form. "Shut your mouth before I staple it closed!" "Fricking bitch." The pain was blinding but it'd never hurt as bad the the burning ache that I had felt in my heart.