Chapter 2 The Dance

The week passed in a blur and before I new it I was standing in the front of the school on Friday waiting for my dad to pick me up. I was excited because I had the perfect dress for the dance. It was black and short only reaching about mid thigh and I paired in with a set of really sexy high heels. The dress being black, brought out my bright blue Cheshire Cat eyes. My birthday was on Saturday the big, one six. And I was feeling excited. I checked myself in the mirror before heading downstairs only to find my dad sitting in his car in the driveway. There was a key on the table with a note. On it words were scribbled on the paper saying to lock up, so I turned out all the lights, walked out the front door, and turned the key in the lock hearing the bolt click. I rushed down the steps hopping into the passengers side, I slid the seatbelt over my chest hearing it secure in place.

My dad drove me to the entrance of the school. There was no one around me so I walked inside our court yard shifting my gaze. I came upon a line of people waiting to be admitted into the gym and to my surprise Rebecca waving me down. I sped over to her in about a minute. "Hey Rebecca!" I said. She smiled at me. "I can't wait to get in Aron is already inside and this line is taking forever!" She exclaimed. I nodded at her."Mmmm Hum." I agreed. We waited for about another twenty minutes before being let in.

Once inside we found Aron and led our way over to the dance floor. The Dj was awesome. He played the remixes of some of my favorite songs along with new ones. The beats were fast and furious. Somewhere in between the songs I zoned out only concentrating on what the song meant to me. I always remember the quote that I discovered from Stevie Wonder that I came upon in seventh grade. The quote is quite simple but speaks volumes. It goes like this,

"Music is a world within itself,
with a Language we all understand."
- Stevie Wonder
After the first time I heard that quote I never believed in anything more than those words. And it showed when I sang or danced. It was funny really because I didn't do either publicly except for school dances.

We sang and danced until eleven when they cut off the Dj and started shewing kids out. My dad was waiting on the curb with the car parked behind him. He smiled. "Have fun sweetheart?" He asked. I rolled my eyes at him. "Yeah dad." I jumped into the car with my dad following in tow. He released the brake and we spend off down the road. I watched in the review mirror as Anna Klerk shrank in the distance.