Chapter 25 Drags Me Under

I watch in horror as Lauren's seemingly lifeless body crumples to the ground, along with many other people in the room. Her lips, just beginning to turn blue, as Samantha finally stops screaming.

People who are not under Samantha's control are screaming everywhere, running out of the mansion. Without warning, Samantha's body then begins to plummet out of the air.

I'm on my feet in an instant already crouching as I rocket from the wall where I'm positioned skidding to my knees on the ballroom floor exactly underneath her body.

I'm mortified as Damian just barely gets underneath my body and catches me in his arms with a thunk, before I hit the floor, potentially killing myself. I hear him breathe out a  ragged stress relieving sigh as he brings me close to his chest and his fiery hot hands curl around my rigid, deathly cold body. Everything seeming to be in slow motion, like time itself is being suspended.

"I've got you Dove, I've got you." He says looking down at me in surprisingly terrorized shock.

He begins to say something else to me but I can't hear him as his words begin to slur together, and his lips become paralyzingly unreadable, my ears go numb and my body goes slack, until unconsciousness, unwillingly, drags me under. 

                        Page 223