Chapter 19 AND. IT. WAS. AMAZING.

I looked in the mirror as I fixed my bow tie. The last time I wore something like this was when Lauren and I had gone and done our re-nuptials at Kootenai a national forest in Idaho. The party was a masquerade and I'm glad that Samantha was obsessed with that era because I easily found a mask that was intricate but not too overwhelming. I looked in the mirror one last time. "Lauren, give me the strength to get through this." "Please." I said looking up at the ceiling. I starred at it for a few seconds before being sucked back into reality. I shook my head and exited out of my bedroom and towards the door. Stepping out into the night was about the hardest thing I've done yet.

I heard the faint wisp of a voice coming from the ear of the man who had hit me, and Damian's soft breathing behind me. The man who's ear was being voiced into look across from himself to the man who was holding my other arm. "Time to go in." The other man nodded and the pushed open the heavy wood doors, and that's when the blinding light hit me.

The invitation gave me an address that led to a huge mansion up in the woods on a hill that looked out over our small town. I drove up to the gates and showed who ever was in the house my invitation through a camera that was on the intercom. After a few seconds the intercom buzzed and the gate creaked open. I stepped lightly on the gas and cruised up the private rode that lead up to the mansion. As I proceeded into the turn about a valet was already there waiting to take my truck. I got out of the car and handed him the keys. "Don't scratch her." I said jokingly. The valet looked from me to the beat up truck and then back again at me. "You got a problem?" I asked him defensively. His pupils shrank to about the size of a pin head. "Na na na no sir." I backed off. "Good." He left in a hurry getting into my truck and speeding off. I started to climb the steps and as I made my way up to the front entrance I slipped on my mask disappearing into the crowd of people.

The room was gorgeous, it was like a vintage ballroom. Up above me was a huge crystal chandelier. It was spectacular, I mean it was just magnificent. Two huge wooden chairs were in the middle of the floor right underneath the chandelier and the men holding me shoved me forward towards them. Damian and I were pinned down as they tied us to the chairs. Once we were secured the chandelier began to lower itself and they hooked a red curtain that was being hung on a round bar of metal to the bottom. The round bar was right above us and they started to close the curtains but not before a man approached us and used two cloth's to gag us. I tried to bite him which only resulted in him punching me in the face again making blood gush from my nose this time instead of my mouth. He shoved the cloth in my mouth and tied it tightly before he left disappearing through the now fully closed curtain. I screamed at him through my gag but it didn't do much to make a sound. Damian, who had his back to me was trying to break free. He kept rocking back and forth and from side to side to get free but nothing was happening. I looked up to the ceiling praying for my father to be alright, I was going to get free someway, somehow, no matter what, I have to see him again. I will see him again.

     I starred at my pristine figure as Pricilla laid a huge white diamond necklace across my chest. "No." She removed it and then laid a huge sapphire on my chest. I sighed irritated. "No." She removed it and then pulled out a fist sized red ruby surrounded by small white diamonds. As she laid it across my chest I held up my hand to stop her. "Clasp it." Her cold fingers hooked the clasps together and then straightened the necklace on my chest. I looked in the mirror again as Pricilla spoke. "Ma'am, what are you going to do if Samantha doesn't show the council her gifts?" I looked directly at her through the mirror. "Don't worry she will." She spoke again. "Yes but what if she doesn't?" My stare at her turned cold and death like, and I watched her shrink beneath my gaze. "Like I said, don't worry." She nodded closing her mouth and brought me a pair of earrings, that were exactly like my necklace. I clapped my hands together making her scared figure jump slightly. "Perfect!"

  I came up to the giant entrance and handed the man at the door my invitation. He gazed at it intently for a few seconds. "Enjoy your time Mr. Harrison." He handed the invitation back to me and I crossed the gigantic threshold into the mansion. It was beautiful, the chandelier overhead twinkled like starlight, and the walls almost reflected the golden glow coming from it. A couple of men dressed in black tuxes ushered us to the "ballroom".

As soon as you stepped foot through those doors it was like being transported to another place, another universe entirely and it was beyond beautiful. And for a moment I felt happiness. Something I hadn't felt since Samantha's birthday, and it felt incredible. And being human I ate it up, I ate it up, and I let it consume me. AND. IT. WAS. AMAZING.