Chapter 23 How She Fights Back

I look all around the room trying to find a merciful soul that will stop this torture, but no kind eyes are bestowed upon me. The sick feeling in my stomach intensifies as I realized that everyone else in this room is exactly like Lauren, power hungry.

My eyes drift to Samantha's father. He put up a fight. That's all anyone could ask for. He and I clearly have the exact same mission at the moment. Save Samantha, and get the hell out of here!

I'm thrown from the cave dream into a completely different vision. I'm back in my the front hallway of my house. Everything is pristine and organized. I'm stuck there frozen, waiting, for something to go wrong.

And then it does.

A mutilated scream erupts from upstairs. I panic as I find the staircase and bolt up them. The scream must of come from my father's room because as I pass mine their is nothing in there that would of made that sound. The door is partially ajar and I take a few steps forward to open it wide. As I put my hand on the door's smooth wood the gut renching smell of fresh blood hits me. With hesitation I push the door open and all I see is the scarlet blindness of red, red, red.

It's everywhere. My eyes land on my father who's covered in it. Horror strikes me as my father holds Damian by the throat in one hand, and a knife in the other, he's standing at the end of his bed, his muscles taunt. He jerks his head towards me with a crazed look in his eyes. I realize that I'm crying because I start to choke on a sob. My father starts to straighten up. His movements get faster as I realize he is coming for me. I turn and start running down the hallway screaming with my entire body. My father is right behind me as I practically jump down the staircase. I get five steps towards the door when I'm yanked back by my hair. Why does this scenario always happen?
I fall to the ground as my father drags me across the floor. I'm struggling to reach my hands up and tear myself free from him, but it's as if my hands aren't even there, all I can do is writhe in his grasp.

He drags me to the dining room and slams me against the wall. I try to crawl away my arms and legs scrapping against the floor, but he gets me by the shirt and in a rounding motion and slams me onto the dining table. Bile rises in my throat as he continues to get closer to me. The knife in his hand glistens with blood. My heart pounds and my face goes numb as the blood rushes to my ears. My vision keeps flicking back and forth between him and his knife, him and his knife, him and his knife. He raises the blade and drags it along my left cheek. "I've waited for so long to do this." "And now it's finally happening." I'm pushing against him with every fiber of my being, every part of my body, fighting for my survival!

With one swift motion he brings up his blade just above ear level and thrusts it downward. One last mangled word rips from my throat before the blade pierces my chest. "STTOOPPP!" Everything around me suddenly freezes.

The blade that's just barely cutting into my skin as I mentally and physically push against it, as it lets a drop of blood leak out of my chest, I inhale and exhale a multitude of ragged breaths. "Stop." I say again more calmly.

Samantha's words ring out loud and clear through the entire ballroom, her back vibrating against mine as she speaks. I look to Lauren and see the complete and utter shock on her power filled face. "What the hell!" "What is she doing?" The struggle to control her is being shown on every inch of Lauren's face. I look to Samantha's father and laugh, a knowing grin on my face. Lauren's attention is turned on me in an instant. "What is she doing!" Her wild frantic screaming echoes off every wall in the ballroom. "What is she doing!" I see her trying to push forward on Samantha as Lauren's attention returns back to me. "She's doing what you asked for." I say as another smug laugh guffaws from my throat. Every person in the room has their eyes trained on me. "She's showing you how she fights back." Sarcasm flows in tantalizingly oozing drips from every word that falls from my dry, cracked lips.

"Not quite what you had expected."

"Is it?"

And that's when Lauren collapses, making a sickening splintering sound as her head cracks against the ballroom floor.