Chapter 6 Déjà Vu

"Breathe." I told myself. "Calm down." I was still freaking out from last nights dream. It was morning now but today was Sunday. I hate Sunday's it just means that tomorrow you have to go back to school. I mean being a junior I have to do more work than most high school students. So yeah that's my opinion on Sunday's. I stalked downstairs to my kitchen and made myself some toast and a big cup of coffee. Looking out the window in the breakfast nook birds were chirping happily just like in my dream. I shuddered. How could something so beautiful bring back such bad memory's? It was horrible.

I decided to take a walk to clear my head. So after breakfast I gave my dad a quick kiss good bye and scurried out the front door. There's this little patch of forest just down the street from our house. We used to take long hikes there but we haven't since my mom died. I felt like being alone anyways today so I headed into the dew soaked patch of trees. I walked for about ten minutes before I came upon a clearing. Now I was beginning to get scared it was all to much like my dream and yet I wanted to stay there. I headed into the clearing and perched myself up on a high stump almost like a throne. I shuddered again Déjà Vu. I waited for something bad to happen, actually just anything to happen really. And then it did.

I only heard it this time rather than seeing it and hearing it. I heard the footsteps again just like my dream. Fast and light. Whoever or whatever it was was coming at me with speed. Then a buck as big as a door lying on its side galloped passed me. Another wave of Déjà Vu hit me again. The green eyes flashed across my vision again. "What is going on?" I said. I was stricken with fear again. Why is this happening to me? My body started to numb. Then I started to feel drowsy and my limbs were beginning to feel very heavy I sank to the cold dirt ground. Hitting my ribs on a rock, on the way down i also felt pain in my arm as I scraped it against the green brush surrounding me. I fell to my side and watched horrified as my eyes began to close against my will shutting my connection with the world off and keeping my mind on. I tried to keep them open but my efforts were to no avail. And all I could think was that I'd be seeing my mom soon. Very soon.