Chapter 11 There's Truth In Love

We walked in silence. I was still a little shaken up by the earlier events of this evening. Wrapping my arms around my small frame I tried to keep myself as warm as possible. The only thing keeping me awake besides the cold was the words "you're both dead." Going round and round in my head. I was so lost in thought that when I heard a snapping of a tree branch in front of me I just about jumped a foot off the ground. I was so on edge. "Dove?" The sound of my nickname pulled me out of my daze. I looked at Damian. "Yeah." I said quietly. "Were almost there." And he was right. I followed him as he turned down a dirt road littered with leaves and puddles of water. I was careful not to step in any of them. I was scared but I also couldn't help the thought of how Damian and I had kissed earlier. When we had kissed it had felt like right before you drop on a roller coaster at the very top. I could tell I was smiling like an idiot despite what had happened earlier. But my mind kept traveling back to our kiss. What was this feeling? Why was I so happy? I felt like I was floating. I'd never felt like this before. Was I? Did I? I mean am I in love with Damian? And should I be?

The dirt road came to an end as we approached the shore of a lake and started walking on sand. There were houses, no cabins like ones you go to on vacations in. But these weren't like normal cabins, I mean some were but others were modern. Damian was leading me towards a white cabin with glass walls in the back looking out over the lake and a bar in front of the window so you wouldn't fall off. The door was on the other side though. As we rounded the corner of the cabin planters filled with some unknown flowers covered the stone around it. They were like a glowing metallic purplish blue. They were beautiful I thought as we passed them and rounded the next corner of the house toward the front door.

The front of the house was very clean. There were some flowers around the window in a planter. And the lawn smelt fresh like it had just been cut. Damian opened the door with a key he had pulled out of the planter. He quickly opened the door and gestured for me to come in. Once inside he closed the door and slid the deadbolt in place. I was so tired, and my limbs felt like rubber. There was a long hallway leading towards the living room and kitchen. It looked so far away but I thought I could manage. But apparently like always I was wrong. It only took me one step forward to crumple to the floor but before I could hit the white marble Damian caught me from behind stopping my fall. "Dove?" "Are you okay?" My vision was a little blurred. "Yes I'm fine." I said. Damian looked at my stomach and his eyes widened. "Samantha, you're bleeding." I examined it for myself. "Oh." I said a little nonchalantly. "How'd that get there." I was too tired to be concerned. I sounded kinda giddy. Like I was on drugs. I guess that's what happens when you lose lots of blood. I guess I was getting to heavy to hold because Damian set me gently on the floor. He looked me in the eyes. He could tell I was fading. "I'm going to help you Samantha I promise." And that was the last thing I heard before passing out into complete darkness.

I was back in our meadow me and Damian's. I knew this was a dream but the question is what kind of dream. Everything was beautiful like always but I knew that was a lie something was about to go wrong. But nothing happened. I felt myself waking up, this was odd. My eyes snapped open. I was still in Damian's house. And I was still on the floor where Damian had put me. But instead of him looking straight at me like before he was sitting next to me. His eyes were dazed, his skin was cold and clammy. What's wrong with him? I didn't know what too do. I sat forward and shook his shoulders from the side, witch hurt my stomach where my injury was. I gritted my teeth in pain. "Damian." "Damian." Tears started streaming down my cheeks, I started taking in ragged breaths that soon became sobs. "Damian!" I screamed. I started thinking of what was going on inside of his head, what was happening. What if he was falling into a deep abyss like I had in some of my previous dreams. I imagined him falling down a deep dark hole. I was still crying, sobs racking my body. I tried to think of better thoughts. I willed my brain to think of a sunrise over the ocean my feet stuck in the sand. I could almost smell the spray of the salt water. Like I was almost there but not quite. Then he moved. Damian breathed in a deep ragged breath. Coughing, he opened his eyes and sat forward. He started breathing more calmly. "Ugh." "Samantha, how did you do that?" I couldn't give him an answer even if I tried. I just shook my head. He didn't pry thank god, I was to tired to say anything else.