Chapter 12 Silent Night

The warm softness of his body beneath me was comforting. The bandage being on my stomach made it hard to maneuver around. I could smell fresh mint on his skin and lilac. I could hear the water of the lake pounding like quiet thunder against the sand through the window. I adjusted myself to feel more comfortable only to make Damian pull me in towards him tighter than before witch hurt a little but I didn't mind. I smiled as the moonlight hit my face through the clear window. The lapping of the Lake water was calming, peaceful. Damian's steady breathing was condescendingly fake and annoying, but was entertaining. I rolled over and peered up at him making sure not to cause myself anymore pain. His beautiful brilliant eyes were peering right down at me, assessing my every move, my every breath, my every being. And they frightened me but yet brought my mind to ease. But should they frighten me? It's not right to be frightened of the person you love but I still loved him so I guess no matter how frightening he is now or forever will be, my heart will still find love for him. These of course are all my thoughts but, I wonder what he's thinking right now?

She's so beautiful in every way imaginable. She sensed me staring at her but I don't really care. She hasn't said a word but she does not need too. Her face is that of an Angels her skin is as a soft blanket. I had to be careful with her though she is fragile, that wound on her stomach made her weak and I could tell how tired she was growing. But I stayed up to keep an eye on her. Those blue ocean eyes really do pierce into your soul. Now I know how she must feel. I was observing before but now more closely that ever. My eyes met her's then fell upon her jaw line slowly leading up to her pinkish red lips. She seemed so calm. Oh how I wish that I could lay my lips upon hers, because when I do, it fills me deep inside with warmth, sparking, igniting, in my heart and my soul. Should I? I'm not scared to say it. I love her more than anything so when she yelled at me earlier fear has struck into my heart like a burning rot iron that she was going to leave me alone. But I now know she's here and she's going to stay and I'm happy, happy with her, she makes me happy.

Damian's mind was racing at a million miles a minute, I could tell and so was mine. I stroked my fingers along his smooth face and over his jawline. His hands were inching around my waist and mine around his neck, wear they reached his jet black hair. I was stroking the back of his neck and gazing into his beautiful eyes when he leaned down to kiss me and I gently pecked his nose. He pulled back a little and gave me an exasperated stair like I shouldn't tease him. I raised my eyebrow as if to say try me, witch only put a big fat grin smack dab on his lower face. He leaned down one more time and that's when the games were over. I let his soft lips caress mine just like his embrace was doing. He pulled me in so close that my chest was right up against his, but his touch was gentle making sure not to worsen my wound. I felt so safe being tangled up in the bedding, extremities, and sheets. Damian left soft kisses along my neck and down my spine.

We kissed for another fifteen minutes before finally pulling apart from each other. When we did he planted one last kiss on my forehead and pulled my small frame close against his chest but not before removing his thin shirt to reveal his chiseled chest that was underneath. Hopefully tonight we'd be safe. Safe from all the danger. And with that thought I snuggled in close, laying my head against his chest feeling his heartbeat an letting it lull me to sleep. And a couple of last words were spoken from Damian to me.

"Good night my dove." "I love you Samantha."