Chapter 14 I'd Never Forgive Myself

What? How was she here? She sighed at me and then snapped her fingers right in front of my face. "I really would like to catch up and all but dear, I just don't have the time." "Greifen sie jetzt!" She said violently and a very tall man that looked like the man that came after me before stepped into the doorway. I started to back up but he grabbed my arm pulling me too him putting me in a head lock. I couldn't break free. I was screaming as loud as I could and I was moving violently but nothing was working. My mother came and put her pointer finger and her middle finger to my temple. A light chuckle passed over her lips. "Goodnight my dearest." My eyes started to shut against my will but before my world was dark once more my mothers lips moved and I herd her utter two sentences that made my body chill, and fear sink into my hear. "Bring the boy too." "I'll enjoy letting her watch as I slaughter him right in front of her." Everything became muffled after that and my body became numb. I was scared, so scared as I tumbled into darkness. Again.

Not long after I became unconscious horrifying dreams flooded into my mind. Images of my own death a thousand times over and over again. My father being tortured and his agonizing screams filling my ears making them ring in pain. And worst of all, images of Damian being mercilessly slaughtered by my own two hands. Fear was running rampant through my mind making me crazy. I felt like some of my humanity was slipping away. With each fear induced dream, with each scream, with each burst of pain, pieces my humanity were stripped away and I watched them as they slipped out of my fingertips burning up and blowing away never to be seen again.

      I woke up panting. My vision was blurred at first but then it became clearer. Tears were rolling down my face. I was kneeling on a stone floor in an old circular room my arms were chained to the wall from either side so that I was smack dab in the middle. The cuffs around my wrists were digging into my skin making them burn like I had sunk my hands into the deepest depths of hell. "That'll be all for today." "We'll try again tomorrow." I heard my mothers voice say. She was on a landing at the top of this wooden staircase wearing a fashionable black lace topped dress with a long train and sleeves that came to her wrist. The top of the sleeves were off the shoulder. The end of the sleeves came to a point covering the tops of both of her middle fingers. The "v" neck stretched down to just below her busium and from there it came to a thin silk black band, and then it flowed directly into beautiful sparkly black tool. No matter how beautiful she dressed she was still vile and black hearted on the inside. She turned around exiting out a solid wood door leaving me to my own painful solitude.

        The walls were also made of stone and there was nothing else in the room except for me, the chains, the door, and the staircase. I tried pulling my arms to my chest to see if the chains would budge but nothing happened. My knees were screaming in pain from kneeling for so long. I tried to get up to pull on to one of my chains with both of my hands but the chains were too tight for me to move. I was so caught up in my escape that I almost forgot about Damian. Where was he? What did she do to him? I began to panic. Last time I saw him he was lying on his front porch unconscious. "When I get out of here I swear I'm going to kill you!" I screamed. My voice echoed throughout the room bouncing off the walls. I never felt so dark inside, it was like something inside of me just snapped. I guess I was right, parts of my humanity had been stripped away. I would of never said a thing like that to anyone no matter how much I despised them. What was happening to my mind, my soul? And what will happen when it's all gone and I'm just an empty shell? What will happen then?

I didn't understand how Lauren, Samantha's mother could be alive? I watched her die! I mean I risked my own life trying to save her from that car! She came into the stone room that she was keeping me in wearing a dress of all things. "A little fancy don't you think?" I asked her. She laughed. "Not for a ball." I shook my head, of course. "The only thing is, is that the people upstairs expect me to have results and I'm not getting any." She said walking down the staircase from the door. "What results?" I asked coyly. "Her results!" She pointed to the wall across the room, the one that was right in front of me. The wall shimmered and it was like looking through glass. Samantha was right there I came forward and I could touch the wall but it made the chains on my wrists cut into my skin. I beat on it. "Samantha!" I yelled. Beating on it harder I yelled again. "Samantha!" She couldn't hear me or see me no matter what I did. I sank back sitting flat on the ground."

"If I can't get it out of her, then I can torture her until I can get it out of you!"  She yelled at me. I was horrified. She excited out of the room slamming the door making it echo throughout the room. I tried to get as close as I could to the wall. "Samantha, dove." "I'm here." "I'm here." "I'm right here." She screamed my name. "I know, i know." I said. I kept beating on the wall. My heart snapped in two. I was suppose to protect her and look where we are? I'd never forgive myself for this. Never.