Chapter 5 Forest Eyes

I saw the image of cold fingers running over cracked lips. The light trod of footsteps over brush. A nasty scrape of an arm on a branch. And then, I saw a pair of eyes. When I looked into them I saw the trunks of trees, the green moss running over a valley of rocks and stumps. I could hear birds chirping, and frogs croaking by a stream. The scent of lush fresh vegetation was prominent. Everything was still, beautiful, serine. The trees and plants were covered in warm wet dew. "Crunch!" I heard as a buck galloped across my path looking regal and kingly. He was beautiful and fast. His tale flicking from side to side as he ran away disappearing into some trees far off in front of me.

I noticed as well as being barefoot I was still in my pajamas. I felt a little scared, exposed, venerable. As if hearing my thoughts swirls started forming on my shoulder trailing down toward my stomach and gliding over my thighs. I watched as my sleeping attire started disappearing and I was covered in a light white lace dress with off the shoulder sleeves and a long skirt with a beautiful train. Now I was the one looking regal. I felt like I was in a fairy tale. Why would I put myself in a dress? I usually never where them. Even though I just went shopping for one. I knew I was dreaming but everything felt so real. Is this real? I thought to myself. It was so peaceful until I was abruptly pulled out of the forest vision and all I saw was the green eyes again. They were always persistently held on me, never wavering.

"Is there something you want?" I asked the eyes. I tried turning my head but it was like I was frozen, suspended in time. I couldn't control my movements not my arms, not my legs, not even my tiny little fingers, Only my eyes. Why had the eyes pinned me? I just felt like they needed something from me and whatever that something was scared me. I started panicking, my heart started to race as I tried to struggle against my frozenness. The eyes darkened, as if looking mad or hurt, and suddenly I felt like I was falling I started screaming and crying as the eyes disappeared as I fell I twisted and then finally I snapped my eyes open.

I was panting hard. As I sat up in bed I heard my dad yell my name and then he came bursting into my room. "Samantha." "Are you okay?" He asked. I shook my head no. He came over and sat beside me making the bed dip. "What happened?" He said his face straining in concern. I sighed. I must of screamed out loud as well as in my dream. "I just had a really bad dream." His eyebrows furrowed. "Well stop having bad dreams kido." He said. "Dream of butterflies or those hot boys you see on tv!" He stopped then. "Actually don't dream about hot boys, butterflies, butterflies are good." He was being old dad again. I snickered quietly. "Yah dad I'll dream of butterflies." He walked back to the door. "Love you!" He called as he was walking down the hall, I rolled my eyes. "Love you too dad." I flicked off my light for the second time tonight and took a deep breath silently praying that I'd never have the dream about the menacing green eyes ever again.