Chapter 17 This Time She Wont Be Coming Back

It's been hours since I talked to officer sparrow, why on earth would Samantha do this, it just wasn't like her. She has never done anything like this ever, and so why now. You begin to think the worst you know? And what if someone took her, I mean there was a dead man on my lawn, a dead man, he had a knife in his skull! I'm regretting over and over about not getting a tracking device implanted in her arm.

The clock on the wall has been ticking away the time second after second, minuet after minuet, hour after hour and the police still haven't found anything, nothing to indicate wether or not she ran away or she was kidnapped, nothing. Officer Sparrow told me to wait here just to be safe, but how could I what my child it out missing. I went over to our coat closet and pulled out my old canvas army jacket, I wasn't surprised that when I slipped it on it fit perfectly, for when I was younger and actually in the military it was way to big for me. I grinned despite myself and walked into the kitchen to grab my keys. I took them out of our key bowl and headed towards the door. Once outside I locked the front door dead bolting it. Spinning on my heal I headed down the porch only to be stopped in my tracks when I looked at my lawn. The imprint of the mysterious dead man on my lawn was still there I looked at it with fear praying that my dear beautiful baby girl wouldn't meet the same fate.

The fate of the man whom I stabbed on my front lawn was looking like a better option compared to this. My mother had left me here after she had dug through my brain showing me images that I had never wanted to see. I could hear the faint wisp of music from above. Was she having a party? Yes, but the real question was why was she having a party? She didn't strike me as being a person to party just to have fun. She was up to something, something was behind all this. But just what was it?

I could see the clocks working in her head, she wasn't stupid Lauren must have a bigger plan. If only she could see through this god forsaken wall like I could. That's when something inside me clicked. I looked at Samantha with pleading eyes. "Please forgive me." I whispered. Concentrating on her I busted my way through her recently put up mental walls to get to the pure part of her mind. I refused to imagine me just inside of her cell so we could talk she already hates the place enough. So, for her I imagined the only last safe place I could remember. Sadly it was not the happiest place on earth, or the most liveliest, in fact it was quite the opposite.

We were standing outside of the cemetery's iron gates, leaves blew across the semi dead and semi green grass. I looked over at Samantha who was right next to me. I don't believe she had seen me yet because when I said her name she jumped. "Damian why are we here?" She looked around and then at me. "Because Samantha, I need to show you something."

He raised his hand and pushed on the iron gates, there squealing made me shiver. We walked through the entrance I made sure not to touch anything scared as though if by placing my hand upon the gate or a grave stone I too would catch the grave owners way of death. Damian led me across the dew soaked grass. I was afraid to even speak as I followed him down row after row of graves, I tried to keep up until he finally came to an abrupt stop and turned to face a medium sized grave. It wasn't until I looked at the name on the marble stone that I realized why we were here.

Lauren Harrison
Loving Mother And Wife
You Will Always Be Remembered
September 19th 1965 - June 3rd 2015

"When you had all left, I came and put roses on her grave, remembering her as a friend, a mentor, a mother even." "The Lauren we knew, the good Lauren, is gone, she's buried underneath this earth, and she's never coming back." He paused taking in a breath. "So, Samantha, if I asked you to help me destroy her once and for all, would you be able to do it?" I looked at my mothers grave, he was right, he was always right, the mother I knew wasn't here anymore, she had been replaced with a murderer, a monster, who wears her face, and recalls her memories, like a demon. "How will we do it?" "Destroy her I mean?" Damian thought for a moment. "She's throwing a party for a reason." "We just have to find out what." "And we'll have to find a way to get up there." Damian was still expecting an answer to his previous question to destroy my mother, so I gave him one. And once the words slipped out of my mouth I realized that there wasn't the slightest hint of regret or emotion, just stern coldness. And it scared me.

" Yes, and this time when she dies, she won't be coming back."