Chapter 26 RUN

Samantha's father skids right up next to me, his attention immediately on Samantha. "It's ok, I've got her." I say to him. He nods without saying a word as he places a hand on Samantha's face for a few seconds. "That's not what I'm worried about." He says with conviction as he looks up at me with clouded eyes. 

  A few wordless seconds pass between us until I reluctantly give him an understanding nod back. "We need to leave." "Now." I can see the survivor mode switch on in his eyes.

"Right." He says formally. "Follow me."

Samantha's father leads me through the giant entrance doors down three hallways until we come up to the main entrance of Lauren's mansion. The cool night air blasts my face smelling like rain. "Where's that damn valet?!" Samantha's father roars impatiently. Our heads swivel around until we see a huddled mass underneath one of those podiums with wheels. Samantha's father takes leaping strides towards the podium and flips it over, a scream escapes from underneath.

To my luck it was just the valet I wanted to see. I was getting really impatient and irritated, I just wanted to get the hell out of here! The valet was cowering from me like a little bitch. "Hey, keys, now." I watched as he frantically dug in his pockets before producing my keys. He threw them at me and I caught them in mid air. "Thanks."

After getting his keys from the valet, Samantha's father took off jogging to where his car was, with me in tow. I slow down with him as we approached a beat to hell red truck. I rounded the end of the truck to the other side hearing the unmistakable click of the hard metal as Samantha's father pressed something on the drivers side door. With the hand that's underneath Samantha's knees I pull the handle, swinging the door open wide and set her down on the seat. I climb in after her just as Samantha's father takes off giving the truck some juice.

We get about half way to the front gate passing several expensive looking cars when I just about blow my head off from screaming, an idea popping into my head. "STOOOOP!!!!" I screamed frantically. Samantha's father slams on the brakes leaving skid marks on the asphalt. "What in the living hell!" He says yelling at me.

I reach for the glove box right in front of me and dig around for what I hope is in here. My hands are still feeling around for what I pray Samantha's father has in his glove box otherwise we'd of stopped for nothing. I'm just about to give up when my fingers touch a small box. "Ahh." I pull what I'm holding up for both me and Samantha's father to see. In my hand is the most beautiful box of red matches that I have ever seen. I smile devilishly at him as I open my door. "I'll be back, drive to the entrance and wait for me there." Samantha's father nods at me before he speaks. "But if you don't get back to the truck in the next ten minutes I'm leaving your ass, no offense." I nod with a smirk. "Got it!" I drop from the seat and slam the door closed before we each take off in opposite directions.

  Every muscle in my body burns with purpose as I get as far to the end of the cars as I can. I skid to a stop right in front of a sick looking red Lamborghini. I go to its left side and pop open the gas cap. Unscrewing the plastic nob, I then take out a match and scrape it against the side of the box. The match flares to life in my hand and I drop it into the gas tank, I do this quickly to two other cars. I. NOW. HAVE. SECONDS.

I only have one word on my mind as I book it back to the truck, RUN.

I'm only a few strides from the truck when the first explosion goes off. The boom deafening. I crouch down for a few seconds covering my head as the car fly's into the air and then comes crashing down onto the car next to it, creating a blast of chain reactions.

"Shit!" "Shit!" "Shit!"

I stride the rest of the way to the truck door just barley getting the first half of my body inside the cab, before Samantha's father punches it and I slam the door shut, feeling the heat of the burning cars fade behind me.