Chapter 21 This Isn't Going To End Very Well For Me

"Cease him!" Those are the first coherent words my brain actually processes after having seen my now, not so dead wife. And that's when guards from all around the room start to make there way swiftly towards me. People start backing away from me as I'm left in the middle of the floor. "Oh shit." I whisper under my breath. This isn't going to end very well for me. Luckily this isn't the first time I've been ganged up on.

Everything happens so fast. An oblivious server, to this whole situation walks right past me holding a platter in his left hand filled with wine bottles, wine glasses, and a big corkscrew I stop him in his tracks and tear the corkscrew off his platter adjusting it between my middle finger and ring finger on my right hand like one of those self defender key chains that they make for women. As the first guard approaches me I lash out with the corkscrew and slice his right cheek wide open just missing his eye. As I drag the tip up his skin, he doubles back screaming. He brings his hands to his face as bright crimson red blood spills from his new wound. His "friends" don't even bother with him as they keep advancing towards me. Another guard try's to approach me. With a taser he jabs at my side but I clip his hand with my corkscrew before the taser can touch me and slice a giant gash into the back of his hand. He lets go of the taser cursing profanities at me before he throws a punch my way. I dodge it and right hook him in the jaw before the rest of his guard friends gang up on me, taking me down. I struggle to get free but it's pointless. Before long they've got me on my knees, I'm covered in bruises and probably a broken jaw, anxiously awaiting my wife. That's not something that I thought I'd ever have to do again.

It was horrifying, yet mesmerizing. Lauren was wearing a fist sized red ruby surrounded by smaller white diamonds, and it brought out her eyes, I couldn't take my eyes off of her as she descended the staircase that was connected to her balcony. Her black dress gave her the appearance of an evil queen, or a dark witch. As her feet reached the floor she swept her ballgown across the ballroom floor before she made her way towards me. She stood right in front of me. She breathed in as she dropped her hand and let her fingers curl around my chin, forcing my head even higher to meet her eyes.

"You cried at her funeral more than you had ever cried at mine Charlie, and now you won't be able to cry at all, when I kill you both."

  The circular red curtain in the middle of the room began to rise behind me as Lauren painfully twisted my head so that I could see what was happening. And that's when I see Samantha, and the stream of crimson red blood that's dripping down her pale, life drained face.