Chapter 13 Horror At The Front Door

The steps were getting louder and louder as they crept up the stairs to Damian's bedroom. The long strides of a strong man creeping closer and closer towards the door before opening it and approaching me. As he inched closer I tried to flee but it was like my body had been cemented to the ground. He stretched out his hand only inches away from my throat. I began to suffocate I was loosing oxygen, I could feel my body and mind shutting down. This was it, my slow and painful death I would die without knowing who I am, or saying goodbye to my father. But most of all I would die and leave Damian alone. I don't know how long he's waited for me or if his love for me would tear him apart if I left. I just don't know, I'll probably never know.

The creek of wood stirred me awake, I sat up sleep dazed. I guessed It was about early afternoon from the way it appeared outside. In front of me stood Damian he slid his shirt over his stomach and stretched his arms. I smiled a little I was still in my jeans and t-shirt from yesterday. I sat up as Damian came over to my side of the bed and sat next to me. I rubbed the back of my neck and peered up at him. He had the oddest expression on his face it was like a giddy love sick stupid smile. I rolled my eyes at him. "What?" I asked. He shook his head. "Sorry it's nothing." "Would you like some breakfast?" I starred at him for a few short seconds trying to decided on what he had been thinking about but I finally gave up and answered his question. "Yes I'm starving." He smiled at me and started walking toward the door. "Oh dove." He said just as he was walking out. "Yes?" I inquired. "If you want your free to the shower and, uh, you can take whatever clothes you want from the closet." I could tell he had a hard time saying that, knowing that all of those women's clothes were meant for my mother. "Ok, thanks." I said with a quiet chill in my voice. Damian just nodded and walked out of the room leaving me to my own devices.

After waiting a few minuets to absolutely make sure that Damian had walked away I got up and walked on the cold whit marble floor with gold and black veins running through it over to the bathroom door and slid it open. To my left was a beautiful shell sink and across the tiled floor was was a medium sized white bath tub with a beautiful silver faucet. In the back of the room was a gigantic shower that looked like it could fit four people. It was a round tube like shower, with a grey floor. My body warmed as I thought about feeling clean I smiled and walked inside closing the door behind me and started removing my clothes.

Once freed of my garments I started the shower and got in. There was every type of soap, shampoo, and conditioner you could think of. I picked up a shampoo bottle that smelled like lilac and put some in my hand rubbing it into my scalp. After washing it out I did the same with the mint scented conditioner bottle. I scrubbed every inch of myself with the honey soap that was on the rack and I could feel the layers of dirt and grime washing away. I dropped the bar of soap a couple of times before I was through and the luffa too. I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a black soft towel around me. I exited out of the bathroom and made my way quietly over to the closet once inside I picked up a pair of semi-conservative lingerie and slipped it on. I searched the racks and decided to wear a pair of my mothers long grey skinny jeans and a red blouse. I grabbed a black leather jacket off the highest rack and slid it on. Opening one of the dressers I grabbed a pair of size six black combat boots. I opened one of the higher drawers of the dressers and dug through it until I pulled out a necklace that had a gold dove in flight on it with a white Opal stone background. My body froze in thought. I remember my mother wearing it on many occasions. She said the one day she would give it to me, but that day never came.

Shaking my head I slipped the silver chain around my neck and adjusted the pendant accordingly. I quickly sat on the floor to slip on my boots then I got right back up. There was a mirror in the back of the room. I walked back there and as soon an I gazed upon my reflection my breath was taken away, I actually surprised myself, I looked stunning, all I needed was the right makeup and I'd be good to go. Walking towards the bedroom from the closet I crossed the floor and opened the bathroom door. Once inside I rummaged through the few cabinets that were there  until I found a slide out drawer. My eyes went wide, all the way across this drawer was makeup of every kind! I went for the eyeshadow first and applied a shimmery white shadow. And to top it off I used the mascara brush and applied a bunch of the stuff all over my lashes. I looked in the mirror and assessed my eyes they were even more blue than I remember. Finally It was time for a lipstick I reached down for the bright red, but thought twice and decided on a light pearl pink. I applied it then put it back in the drawer like I had done with everything else. I slid the drawer back in place and closed the cabinet.

I exited the bathroom and then stalked over to the bedroom door and opened it exiting out into the hall. I took a left and walked down the corridor, when I came to the stairs I used my right arm to swing myself around the top of the banister and face the stairs. I stepped down taking the steps two, three at a time before getting to the bottom floor. I made my way over to the kitchen expecting Damian to be there but the kitchen was empty. He said that he was going to make breakfast what happened? I starred at the island confused. I walked back towards the dining room that was by the staircase nothing, anywhere. And then there was a knock on the front door. My eyebrows scrunched. I casually walked over to the door and pulled it open. When I saw who it was I froze with fear, it was like seeing a ghost.

Standing there in all her horrifying glory was my mother. And right beside her was Damian's limp body. How could this be? "Hello Samantha." She gave me a grin like the Devil's.

"Miss me?"