There's Always Time For A Vacation

"I can't, Miranda." I said, staring at the bikini she handed me. 

"Why not? You'll look great in it!" Miranda argued.

I had so many reasons why I couldn't wear it. First, it was a bikini. I didn't wear stuff like that often, although I did look great in them. Second, my wings. They were only hidden when I wore things that covered my back. And third, I've been shot.

"Miranda, my wings. People will freak out. Or flock over and bother us. Also," I pulled my shirt up. "I've been shot and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't like blood in their pool."

"Oh, my god! I can't believe I forgot. I'm so sorry."

I shrugged. "It's fine. Besides, you'd probably look better in it. Go put it on."

"Okay." Miranda went into the bathroom to change. 

It was the third day I'd been with Miranda and I felt very relaxed. Miranda helped me forget about my worries. She had also helped me try to recover from being shot. 

Miranda wanted to take me to the pool, but for reasons, I couldn't go in. I could still go down to the pool with her, but swimming was not an option.

"Ta-da! What do you think?" Miranda popped out of the bathroom and twirled around, showing off the bikini. It was red with white polka dots, and it looked really good on her slim body, her shoulder length, brown hair complimenting the suit.

"Wow. I was right, you look fantastic." I smiled.

She smiled and grabbed her sunglasses, sunscreen and towel. "Aren't you going to change?" 

"Oh, right. Sorry. Can you help me?" 

Miranda nodded and walked to me, helping me take off the loose shirt I had been wearing. She helped me put on a pair of athletic shorts, a bikini top and a grey v-neck for me to wear over the black bikini top. The shirt hid both my wings and my shoulder wound. 

I slipped my feet into a pair of flip flops, put on my sunglasses and joined Miranda by the door. Miranda opened the door and lead the way as we went down to the pool. There were a lot of people, but the pool area was more than big enough to fit them all.

Miranda showed me to a chair under an umbrella, helped me put on some sunscreen, then sat beside me. I helped put sunscreen on her back, then after a few minutes she went to the pool, diving right in. I kept her things close to me and laid back, ready for some sunbathing. 

Suddenly my phone buzzed in my pocket. I pulled it out and looked at the screen. Steve was calling me.

What should I do, answer it? Tony would be able to track me down. But it's Steve. As long as I made it short, I'd be fine.

I accepted the call. "Hello?"

"Alexx, where are you?" Steve asked.

"Hello to you too, Steve." I smiled when I heard his voice.

"Where are you? You need to come back, Alexx. What you are planning on doing is dangerous. You're already injured, and you'll need help."

"I'm sorry, Steve. But...I can't be there. Not with Jess around."

"At least wait for us to get there to help." Steve pleaded.

I sighed. "Fine. I'm in Daytona Beach. Tony should be able to find me with how long this call has gone."

"Damn right I did!" Tony exclaimed in the background.

"Just...enjoy the beach. Don't strain yourself." I could hear his relief.

"I won't. I look forward to seeing you."

"Hey, Alexx." Tony was suddenly on the phone. "We'll probably arrive sometime tomorrow afternoon. Don't run off before then."

I chuckled. "Don't worry, I'm too tired to run or fly."

"Good."

I hung up and placed my phone under my thigh, smiling like an idiot.

"Are you okay, Alexx?" Miranda walked toward me, soaked. 

"Yeah, why?" I asked.

"You're smiling really big. Who was on the phone?"

"It was Steve and Tony. They're going to come down and help me. I...I can't do it without them. I'm not going to be stupid like that."

Miranda smiled. "I'm glad you're accepting their help." 

"Now go enjoy your vacation!" I smiled, shooing her away.

"It's your vacation too!" Miranda teased. 

"Well, my vacation is kinda limited because of my injuries. So go enjoy the pool for the both of us."

Miranda smiled brightly and ran off to the pool again. A bunch of men went toward her and started to flirt with her as she played along.

I chuckled and laid back again, closing my eyes. 

"Hey, why aren't you in the pool?"

I opened my eyes and moved my sunglasses up a bit to look at the man who spoke. He had blond hair spiked in the front and bright pink swim trunks.

"I'm not really a pool person. Plus, I've got a bit of a shoulder injury, so my doctor told me no physical activity." I replied.

"Oh, well, that makes sense. But you could at least sit in the pool."

"I'd rather not. Today is for sunbathing only."

"Come on, join me and my friends. You could at least dip your feet in the water." He grabbed my wrist and pulled me off the chair. "It'll be fun!"

"Let me go. I said no!" I protested, pulling against him without using my strength. 

When he didn't stop pulling me, I locked my feet in place and he wasn't able to pull me anymore. He turned around and grabbed both of my arms, making my shoulder throb. I cried out in pain, but that didn't stop him. There were so many things I could do to get away from him, but most of them required my powers, which would create a spectacle.

I pulled against him again and he grabbed my shirt instead, ripping it off. My wings were definitely visible, as was my shoulder wound, but no one seemed to notice the small folded limbs that hid under my long hair.

"Come on." The man gritted his teeth and he again pulled me toward the group of men.

I had to do it. I didn't care if I caused a scene anymore. "You leave me with no other choice." I ripped myself away from his hold, nearly launching him behind me. "I said...no." I glared at him. 

The man and his group ran away and I sighed, sitting back on the chair. 

Miranda walked toward me. "Are you okay? What was that all about?"

I laid back and groaned, holding my shoulder. "That jerk tried to get me in the water. So I showed him what happens when you mess with me." 

"Oh, Alexx. I'm so sorry. Let's go back to the room." Miranda packed up our things and helped me to my feet, then led me back to the room.