She Has Lily

A/N: Lily Tanner's face claim is McKenna Grace! Her mother, Sarah Tanner's is Analeigh Tipton!

Steve, Nat, Clint, Tony and I flew to DC in a quinjet. Bruce, Thor, Robyn, Ryan and Abby stayed behind, Thor and Robyn's power not being needed, Ryan was watching Abby, and Bruce didn't want a code green. 

The jet hovered over the street. Clint opened the back and I immediately jumped out, landing on the ground with my wings spread. Clint and Nat were staying in the jet to get ready to evacuate anyone who needed it. Tony and I worked on clearing the street so that no one would get tangled in my mess. I even got the local police to create barricades to make sure no one got near the apartment building.

"Nat, Clint, be ready to take anyone that needs to be moved. Tony, search for Ashley and her group. They would be somewhere nearby to watch their work. Steve, you and I are going in the building to evacuate the tenants." I ordered.

"How do you know Ashley isn't in the building?" Tony asked.

"If she is planning to blow it, she wouldn't stay inside." 

Steve and I rushed through the doors of the building and started the evacuation process. Some people didn't want to leave, but as soon as I mentioned the explosives, they changed their minds. 

Ashley had to be watching us, because as we got the last group of people out the doors, a bomb at the back of the building exploded. The building began to collapse on top of us as more bombs went off. Steve grabbed my hand and began to pull me behind him, but I pulled away from him. 

"What are you doing? We have to get out of here!" Steve shouted over the rumbling of the walls.

"There's still someone in here! I have to go get her!" I yelled. A chunk of the ceiling broke loose and fell toward us. I dove out of the way and rolled into a crouch. "Go! I'll meet you out there. Keep the channel open." I exclaimed as I ran off in the direction of the voice that I could faintly hear.

I ran up a few flights of stairs and dodged a few more falling chunks of ceiling. A wall suddenly fell and landed on top of me, the heavy weight crushing me and pinning me on my stomach. Luckily I wasn't an ordinary human, for if I was, I would surely be dead.

I groaned and started pushing myself up off the ground on all fours, and when I could, I pushed it up long enough for me to get out from under it before it fell back down, dust flying up from it.

Activating my Thermal Sight, I looked for the woman. 

"Help!"

My eyes widened as I realized who it was. She had lived on the floor beneath Steve's apartment. Now, she was just above me. I ran toward the apartment, knowing exactly which one it was. When I got there, I ripped the door off of its hinges and threw it behind me.

"Sarah!" I called out to her. 

"I'm over here!" She coughed, her voice coming from her bedroom. 

I opened her door and found Sarah huddled in a corner that had yet to be touched by the flames. 

"Oh, my god, Sarah, are you alright?" I rushed toward her and helped her to her feet. "I'm going to get you out of here, I promise."

I led her over to a window that went right out to the street. Sarah suddenly screamed from behind me and I turned to see a wall of flames bursting through the front door. I pushed Sarah against the window and held my hands out to the fire as I absorbed some of it. 

"Go! Nat, I need you at the top floor north window!" I exclaimed. 

Sarah opened the window when she saw the jet right outside. Once the window opened, I had to use my own flames to make the fire stay back. 

Another explosion went off in the building, launching debris our way. I turned my back to the fire and flexed my wings so that the armor came over them, the debris slamming against my back. I watched as Sarah jumped toward the jet, Nat catching her and pulling her in. Once Nat and Sarah moved deeper into the jet, I jumped out of the window as well, fire following me. I landed in the jet and panted. My hands were both charred and black, glowing a bit from the fire I had taken in my body.

After a few minutes of recuperating, I jumped out of the jet again. Steve came over to me when I landed, his hands on my shoulders as he furiously scanned me. 

"Are you alright?" Steve asked.

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine." I looked toward the building that was engulfed in flames and falling apart. "I'm fine..."