Where Am I?

A/N: Rerewriting this story. Let me know what you think!

My eyes shot open and I sat bolt upright, ready to fight that woman. But there was no one around. I felt around me and realized I was on a cot, a blanket over me. One of those annoyingly uncomfortable fleece ones that no one buys, they just appear.

I looked around. The whole room was small, only fitting the cot, and a bed-side table with a glass of water on it. Opposite the cot, there were two doors maybe two feet apart from each other. One had a square window in it, the other did not.

Standing up, I felt an itch on my chest, the place the small taser was pinned. I scratched at it as I walked to the door without a window, opening it.

Just a bathroom.

Sighing, I closed the door and went to the one with the window. Looking out, I saw a hallway, a few guards and people in uniform, all with the emblem that was on the red headed woman's suit. 

I opened the door and stepped out, a guard looking at me.

"Can I help you, ma'am?"

"Yeah, where am I?" I asked.

"That is classified."

"Of course it is. Thanks for nothing." I mumbled as I started down the hallway.

As I walked around, I pulled my hair into a ponytail, quietly singing a Russian lullaby to myself.

"What song is that?"

I turned around quickly and found a child. "It's called Tili Tili Bom. Who are you? Isn't this a military base?" I asked.

The girl shrugged. "Yeah, so?"

"You're a 10 year old on a military base. That's odd."

"Not when your 'dad' is a superhero. And I am 14."

I looked at her, puzzled. She had red hair, so I assumed that the man I saw at the Larvill's base wasn't her father.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you." I sighed. "Where is the woman with the red hair? I have a bone to pick with her."

"Aunt Nat?" She asked.

"I don't know. Probably. Red hair, black suit, kind of rude."

"That's aunt Nat." The girl grabbed my hand. "I'll take you to her."

"Thanks..." I looked at her. "What's your name?"

"Robyn."

Soon, we got to what looked like a command center, three rows of monitors on desks forming a half circle, an aisle in the middle of them. They were elevated like movie theater seating, and at the top was what looked like the main command monitor. And standing at that monitor was a bald black man in a black trench coat.

"Miss Monroe, it's nice to finally meet you." The man turned toward me. He had an eyepatch on over his left eye.

"Who are you?" I asked.

He looked at the girl. "Thank you for bringing her in here, Robyn."

"Do I still get that ten bucks?" Robyn asked.

The man rolled his eye and handed the girl a ten dollar bill. "Romanoff has taught you well."

Robyn nodded with a smirk and ran out of the area.

"Why is there a child here?" I asked.

"Apparently she's Stark's kid." The man replied as he held his hand out to me. "I'm Nick Fury, but everyone calls me Fury."

I took his hand and shook it once. "Nice to meet you, Fury."

"Smart woman."

"More than you know."

"I know a lot about you. Well, everything since you were found at that police station two years ago. Before that is blank. No record of you at all." Fury seemed disappointed.

"Yeah. That's when I lost my memory. I've looked for records, too." I shrugged.

I heard footsteps and turned toward them. The man clad in the American suit and the red haired woman walked toward us.

"You owe me an apology." I glared at the woman.

"Sorry. I just did what I was told." She shrugged. "Natasha Romanoff."

"Russian?"

"Yeah, well. I was."

"Yeah, you don't have the accent." I motioned to the man. "Pochemu on lyubit Ameriku?" (Why does he love America?)

"On dolzhen. On Kapitan Amerika." (He must. He's Captain America.) She smiled.

My head began to hurt and I winced, placing my hand against the side of my head.

"Are you okay?" The man came to my side.

"I'm fine." I sighed, standing up straight. "Just a weird head pain."

"Do you want to go to the infirmary?"

I shook my head. "No. But I do want to know who you are."

He nodded. "I'm Steve Rogers. And you're name is Alexx Monroe?"

"So, you were briefed on me already?"

Steve scratched the back of his head. "Yeah, we had to know why you were here."

"And that is?"

"You're a powerful and dangerous woman, Miss Monroe. Similar to Romanoff, we wanted to bring you in and offer you a job." Fury spoke.

"A job? What kind of job?" I asked.

"Alexx! You get to be a superhero!" Ryan suddenly ran over to me, grabbing my hand and making me high-five him.

"What are you talking about, Ryan?"

"Your job offer is to join the Avengers. It would be much better than the odd jobs you get hired to do." Fury stated.

I looked around and realized everyone was looking at me. All of the people at the monitors, Steve, Natasha, Ryan, Fury. Even Robyn came back in to listen.

"Can I learn about what the 'Avengers' are first?" I asked.

"Of course. As the founder, Steve can tell you all you need to know."

"Oh, uh, right." Steve blushed and nodded. "Let's go, Miss Monroe."

"Please, it's Alexx."