A Normal Walk

Steve walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist, a smaller one in his hands as he dried his face. He disappeared into his closet and returned wearing a pair of faded jeans with the towels over his bare shoulder.

I stood in front of him and rubbed his hairy jaw. "Why haven't you grown a beard before now?"

Steve chuckled. "The army didn't allow it, and the look kind of stuck."

"Well, you should do it more. I like it."

"Maybe I will."

"I'd like that." I smiled.

I went into his closet and picked out a green plaid flannel. I tossed it to Steve, grabbed the towels from his shoulder, tossed the smaller one to the side and made him sit down so I could use the bigger towel to dry his hair. While I dried his hair, he pulled his shirt on. I tossed the towel on the floor and stood in front of Steve, folding his sleeves up past his elbows while he buttoned his shirt. I smacked his hands away when he tried to button the top two.

"Why don't you get dressed and I'll finish dressing myself." Steve said.

"You're already dressed." I replied.

"Exactly. Go get dressed."

"Fine." I smiled.

I left Steve's room and went into mine. I took a quick shower -- my hair much easier to wash -- and wrapped a towel around my body, walking into my room. Steve was sitting on my bed, petting Abby. I went into my closet, put on a bra, underwear and a pair of ripped jeans, then looked for a shirt to wear, just a simple tank top with a jacket over it. I then ruffled my hair with my hand and pulled on a pair of tennis shoes.

"Alright, let's get Abby's leash and head out." I smiled.

Steve grabbed Abby's leash and clipped it onto her collar. We went to the elevator and headed out for our walk. We walked around Central Park, then went to a restaurant nearby. I went in to get a to-go bag of food while Steve stayed outside with Abby. I paid for the food and we headed back to the tower.

While we walked, my phone buzzed in my pocket and I pulled it out.

"Yours too?" Steve asked.

"Yeah. It's Ryan." I opened the message. "It says to get back quickly. New mission, maybe?"

"Most likely." Steve shrugged.

I picked Abby up while Steve hailed a cab. We got in, told the driver where to go, and zoomed away.

The Avengers and Ryan sat in the living room and watched us as we entered.

"What's wrong?" I asked, taking Abby's leash off.

Ryan pat the open spot next to him on the couch. We walked over and sat down. Steve and I exchanged glances as Abby sat at our feet.

"An apartment building has been rigged with explosives and is ready to blow." Clint informed.

"Who, when, where and why?" I asked.

"Ashley Jones, I believe you know her. The apartment was rigged two days ago, Ashley and her team posing as maintenance. The apartment building is the one you and Steve used to live in in DC. Ashley said she wants you. Alone." Nat explained.

"Did she say anything else?" I asked, clenching my fists. 

"She said that 'Lily misses her big sister.' Do you know what that means?" 

"Damn it, Ashley." I brushed my hand through my hair. "Knowing Ashley, she's got Lily." I sighed. "We need to get going before she does anything drastic."

I went into my room and found my catsuit, quickly slipping into it. My wings easily fit through the holes in the back of the suit. I slipped my gloves and shoes on and tightened them. I then went back out to the living room where everyone else was, including Robyn. 

"Sorry, Robyn. But you're not coming." Tony said.

"Like hell I'm not." Robyn sassed.

"He's right, Robyn. Even I am not going." Thor shrugged. 

"You can stay with us." Ryan nodded. 

I looked around. "Alright, Nat, Tony, Clint, Steve, I need all of you. Let's get to the jet."