Lab Rat

Bright lights blinded me as I awoke and I blinked as my eyes adjusted. I tried to get up, but I couldn't. I panicked and frantically looked around the room.

A shiver went through my body, my skin touching the cold metal surface I was laying on. My head ached, but when I tried to reach up and rub the sore spot, my arm was stopped. Then I noticed that my wrists and ankles were bound.

Looking up, I noticed that the ceiling was a mirror. I looked at myself through the mirror and saw thick leather cuffs around my wrists and ankles, connected to thick metal links. There was also a large leather cuff over my hips, binding my wings down as well. All I wore was a pair of short athletic shorts and a maroon tank top with wider sleeves. The shirt was covered in sweat, dirt and blood.

Ashley stood over me, latex gloves on her manicured hands. "Don't mind me."

A man walked over and held my head to the side while Ashley stabbed me in the neck with a needle, injecting me with the same thing Pinkie did earlier. I grunted from the pain. She pulled the needle out and I bit the man's hand, drawing blood.

"Ow! She bit me!" the man shouted, holding his hand.

"Well, we can't have that, now can we?" Ashley smiled evilly.

Ashley held something over my mouth, securing it around my head. It was a muzzle that kind of reminded me of the Winter Soldier masks we had to wear. 

Ashley carefully undid the strap around my stomach and forcefully unfolded my wings. She secured the strap again and tied my wings to opposite walls, both of them spread wide. Whenever anyone went underneath them, I tried to smash them with my wings, but it never worked.

For what seemed like forever, Ashley and her 'scientists' dissected me, seeing how my abilities effected my body. The new powers I had developed since escaping had made Ashley curious, and the other scientists wanted to continue working on their 'super-soldier-serum', try to get better results.

I was awake every time she wanted to do more 'research', feeling every single bit of pain. It took so long for my body to finally decide the pain was too much to handle and I lost consciousness. 

"Fascinating." Ashley smiled during one of her dissection sessions. I groaned as she dug around in my chest. "Your lungs are twice the size of a normal human. This has to be because of the bird DNA." She sounded fascinated, but I didn't care. 

"Ma'am, her stomach is also smaller." A scientist informed. 

"So she has to eat more often to stay active..." She typed notes into a computer.

"P-Please...let me...go..." I whispered, tears in my eyes, my whole body weak.

"Sorry, but we can't do that. Jess told us to get info about your transformations, then to kill you." Ashley feigned sympathy. "Now, be quiet while we continue our work." 

For a few more minutes, I was awake, trying to stay alive, to not give up yet. Steve had to know I was missing by now. He'd find me, I knew he would.