Car Troubles

Sam was driving us to SHIELD Headquarters. Sitwell sat in the back left with me in the middle and Natasha on the right. Steve sat up front with Sam, his shield at his side.

"HYDRA doesn't like leaks." Sitwell said.

"Then why don't you try sticking a cork in it?" Sam demanded.

"Insight's launching in 16 hours. We're cutting it a little bit close here." Natasha said, leaning closer to Steve.

"I know. We'll use him to bypass the DNA scans and access the helicarriers directly." Steve replied.

"What? Are you crazy? That is a terrible, terrible idea." Sitwell exclaimed.

There was a thud on the roof and a metal arm smashed through the back left window, ripping Sitwell from the car and throwing him in front of a semi that was headed the other direction.

The Winter Soldier had found us. He shot through the roof where Natasha was sitting. Before he shot, she dove into the front seat, onto Steve's lap, pulled his head down, and shoved Sam over with her foot, keeping them both from being shot in the head. I had to duck to avoid getting hit by the bullet that went through Sam's headrest. I covered my head with my arms, trying not to get killed. Steve pulled the emergency brake and the car screeched to a stop, throwing the Winter Soldier off of the roof and throwing me forward. I braced myself, holding onto the seatbelt as it locked, keeping me seated.

"Damn," I groaned, my chest in pain. My ribs definitely hadn't healed completely. 

I looked out the windshield as the Winter Soldier hit the road and slid, digging his metal fingers into the road to stop himself. He stood up and Natasha pulled out her gun, aiming at him. I heard a heavy vehicle coming behind us and looked. A heavily armored hummer sped at us.

"Guys!" I exclaimed.

The hummer slammed into the back of the car, sending glass everywhere. I covered my head as glass rained down on me. The hummer slowly pushed us toward the Winter Soldier even though the emergency brakes were being used. Sam slammed on the regular brakes, but that didn't help at all.

Just before we hit the Winter Soldier, he jumped up and landed on the roof. He punched through the windshield and ripped the steering wheel from the car.

"Shit!" Sam exclaimed.

Natasha shot through the roof at the Winter Soldier. He jumped off the car and onto the hummer, our car speeding down the road uncontrollably. The hummer slammed into us again, causing us to turn and hit the cement dividers. 

Steve grabbed his shield and braced against the door. "Hang on!"

The car flew through the air. Steve grabbed Sam and Natasha. He reached for me and I unbuckled quickly, reaching for him, but it didn't matter. We couldn't reach each other. 

The door fell away and they fell out of the car, using the door as a cushion against the road. I sighed and dove out of the same door, doing my best tuck and roll, but with way more rolling. When I finally stopped rolling, I stood up and looked around.

Natasha and Steve had slid several yards ahead on the door while Sam and I had rolled and stopped a few feet behind them. 

Looking over at the men, I could see the Winter Soldier completely. His metal arm made my head hurt, but I didn't have time to let that effect me right now. He was very muscular, dark hair almost to his shoulders, a mask covering his nose and mouth and goggles covering his eyes. He was hiding his identity. The Winter Soldier was handed a grenade launcher as he walked with purpose, aiming the gun at Steve and Natasha. He pulled the trigger and Natasha ran to the side while Steve held his shield up and was blasted off of the bridge.