Caught

A/N: I gotta leave an author's note here and there, right? Please lemme know what you guys think of this newer version!

Rumlow slammed the doors to the heavily armored vehicle as we were all sat inside, each of us cuffed. Steve and I had much bigger cuffs on our wrists. We were also accompanied by two STRIKE guards, both wearing helmets that covered their faces.

"It was him." Steve said quietly. 

I stayed silent. Steve didn't need to know what I knew.

"He looked right at me like he didn't even know me." 

"How is that even possible? It was, like, 70 years ago." Sam replied.

"It had to be Zola. Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43. Zola experimented on him. Whatever he did helped Bucky survive the fall." Steve looked up from his cuffs. "They must have found him and..."

"None of that's your fault, Steve." Natasha commented. She didn't look too good.

"Even when I had nothing, I had Bucky."

Natasha put the back of her head against the car wall and clenched her jaw.

"We need to get a doctor here. If we don't put pressure on that wound, she's gonna bleed out here in the truck." Sam said to the guards.

"If I could use my powers, I could keep her alive. Just for a little bit." I held my hands out. 

One of the guards threatened me with a cattle-prod taser. They then flipped it around, jabbed it against the other guard's chest and kicked him in the head, knocking him out. The other guard caught him before he fell to the floor and sat him up in the chair.

The guard took their helmet off, revealing Maria Hill. "Ah. That thing was squeezing my brain." We all stared at her in disbelief. "Who is this guy?" she asked, pointing to Sam.