Hanging Out With Captain America

A/N: Hey guys! I'd love to hear what you think of the new rewrite before I get further in. Just leave comments all over!

I followed Steve around the place and noticed a window. 

"Holy shit, is this New York?" I asked, staring out the large window.

"We are." Steve replied.

"Hey, Alexx!"

I turned around and saw Ryan walking toward us. 

"Ryan? Did you follow us?" 

He ran to me and hugged me tightly, picking me up off the ground as we spun around. "I didn't get to tell you earlier, but I'm glad you're okay."

"I was just shot with a taser."

"I know, but still."

Fury walked toward us. "Bishop, your people are waiting out front."

I looked at Ryan, confused. "I've been assigned to another mission." Ryan answered the question I hadn't even asked yet.

"Without me?"

"You were tased and out for hours. I interested Fury and he found a job for me." Ryan shrugged. "And Fury wants you to stay for a while." He smiled brightly. "I'm a SHIELD agent!"

I looked at Fury and he just stood straight with his hands behind his back showing no emotion.

Ryan gave me a quick hug. "See you later, Alexx." Ryan said before he ran down the hall to catch his ride.

"Where will I stay?" I asked Fury. Sure, I should've asked a different question, like: 'Why am I staying here?' or 'What do you want?' or maybe even 'What happened to your eye?' But I didn't. 

Before Fury could answer, Steve spoke. "She could stay at my apartment, sir. I could help her get acquainted with SHIELD."

Fury nodded. "That's a great idea, Captain."

"What about my stuff?" I asked. 

"Ms. Campbell will have your things delivered to the apartment in two days, don't worry."

Steve nodded and Fury left. "So..." I paused, making sure Steve was paying attention. I continued when he faced me. "Where are we going?" 

"We are going to DC. Maybe we'll even grab a snack on the way." 

"Alright, lead the way, Captain." 

Steve returned the smile and led me to an elevator. "While you were unconscious, we were moved to the SHIELD headquarters in New York since Tony lives here."

"So my first trip to New York is now a trip to DC. Alright." 

"We can always come back to New York later." Steve shrugged. 

The elevator took us to the top floor of the building, sun shining through the many windows that covered the place. I looked around, everyone around us wearing suits.

Steve led me to a reception desk where a woman sat behind the tall counter, typing on her computer. She had short, straight brown hair and wore a white button down shirt with a black pencil skirt. She looked up at us and smiled.

"Hey, Steve. Who is this?" The woman looked at me.

"Hi, Miranda. This is Alexx." I nodded as Steve said my name. "Fury said you were going to have her stuff delivered to my apartment."

"Yup, that's right. They actually just left to retrieve it." Miranda exclaimed.

"Thank you, Miranda." I looked at her with a small smile. 

Miranda smiled. "You two can come by any time."

Steve looked at me. "Are you ready?" I nodded.

Waving goodbye to Miranda, Steve led me out to a large landing pad where a jet was waiting for us. We boarded the jet and sat down.

"How quick is the flight to DC?" I asked the pilot as he started to get ready.

"An hour and a half, roughly. Just kick back and relax."

I nodded and did just that and soon we were off.