If I Can Love You, Why Can't You? - Chp 5 [Big Machine]

I'm torn in pieces/I'm blind and waiting for/My heart is reeling/I'm blind and waiting for you~Goo Goo Dolls - Big Machine

"Gorgeous you're tense and edgy, what's up?"

I was in a group hug with Jackie and Brooke, we'd only been squealing and laughing for the past half hour but as soon as the sea had soothed they were both quick to pick up.

"Pizza?" I asked letting go and walking to the phone on the kitchen bench.

"Tanze." They both chorused sternly.

"I think I want meat lovers." I said out loud.

They edged towards me and before I could react one dove for the phone the other for me. Struggling to fight them off I soon realized I wasn't going to win nor the point of bothering. I slumped into Brooke her scent of flowers intoxicatingly strong. Burying my face into her chest I clenched my eyes shut tight fighting back tears I'd been holding in all day.

"Oh my." I could hear Jackie murmur softly "Jacks, I think we need pizza and chocolate and movies and just well everything." She said wrapping her arms around me tightly.

Instantly I felt secure and safe but I still had a feeling of emptiness, I wasn't fully relaxed. It wasn't Brooke's embrace I wanted, no needed.

"Come on." She said gently dragging me over to the lounge, collapsing I slumped into the couch awkwardly. It was silent except for Jack's low voice as she called the pizza joint. Skipping into the lounge room she smiled "All set."

"I'm telling ya." Jackie said across the table from me at the pizza shop. "Forget him. It. Whatever ya wanna call him." I smiled weakly, we'd only just sat down and started eating, I hadn't even spoken and Jacks was straight to it.

It was Jacks though, she was out there, confident and way independent; she didn't hold back nor did she need a guy to make her feel complete. Jack was more than that though; she was funny, sporty, beautiful and the most amazing friend ever.

"Jack," Brooked said stunned and slowly her eyes never leaving me, as if she could see all of me as she studied me intently making me squirm in my seat. "I don't think it's that easy."

Jack picked up another slice "How so?" she asked as she coiled the loose cheese around her finger.

"Look at her." Brooke said, it was if I wasn't even here. "She's...well, she's fallen."

Jacks peered over her pizza her almost black eyes scanning me. I blushed looking down. "Okay." She said finally. I looked up as she placed her elbows on the table, all serious. "Let's hear the story first. And then I'll kick his ass."

"So this guy you've met twice? You didn't even get his name till today? And both times he's vanished even today after he had promised he wouldn't?" Jacks clarified.

I hadn't told them all; I didn't tell them of how we actually met, I just said when I was on my walk we ran into one another. I also didn't mention all the details of our conversations, I mentioned very little, it didn't feel right to tell the girls the details, it was as if it was sacred, a secret, and I had to admit; I wanted all them for myself.

I nodded as I peered down at my fingers entwined "That's about right." I finally said out loud.

"What is his name?" Brooke asked gently.

"Will." I said allowing it to roll of my tongue sweetly my stomach fuzzy. Brooke smiled encouragingly at me and to an extent sympathetically. Brooke didn't allow herself to get caught up in these types of things, nor did Jackie and well nor did I actually.